where to send for a rebuild

where to send for a rebuild

November 16th, 2017, 2:13 pm #1

I have two old Diana target rifles which need to be rebuilt. I was going to send them to Gary Steele but he is now gone, may God rest his soul !!
I am looking to have these rebuilt now, and do not know where or who to send them too. I want a quality outfit or person to do the work.
any ideas and thanks in advance.
kindly
ron

November 16th, 2017, 2:42 pm #2

I think I have read where David Slade does that kind of work. Might be worth a check anyway. He does great work on a lot of guns.

Bob in WV

November 16th, 2017, 2:59 pm #3

But Dave refuses to use J.M parts and have the seals and springs. anyone else know of anyone ??

November 16th, 2017, 4:26 pm #4

Drop a note to Randy Bimrose in SoCal. barrelbender@charter.net

November 16th, 2017, 4:38 pm #5

I have two old Diana target rifles which need to be rebuilt. I was going to send them to Gary Steele but he is now gone, may God rest his soul !!
I am looking to have these rebuilt now, and do not know where or who to send them too. I want a quality outfit or person to do the work.
kindly
ron
Randy Bimrose did awesome work on a "dead" Diana model 60 for me a few years ago. He tends to get booked up way in advance though.

Just curious...does Mr. Slade refuse to USE JM parts, or does he just not BUY them? I'm wondering if you could buy the parts yourself and send them to him with the rifle.

You might ask Pilkington airguns, if they would work on these. They primarily deal in current state-of-the-art match hardware of course, but they do rebuild FWB 300's and such.

November 17th, 2017, 12:00 pm #6

kindly
ron
for the help !! more likely than not I will get with randy !! Thanks so much for the help.
kindly
ron

November 17th, 2017, 4:12 pm #7

kindly
ron
They rebuilt a Walther SSP for me and did a heck of a job. Not sure if they do Giss guns. I'd give them a call.