Super rare Crosman Arms item on auction

Super rare Crosman Arms item on auction

May 10th, 2017, 10:32 pm #1

This item was described to me but this is the first I've ever seen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Crossma ... Sw7GRZB5kg

May 14th, 2017, 4:18 pm #2

Ended: May 10, 2017 , 8:00PM No bids shown either. Never saw one before.

May 14th, 2017, 5:55 pm #3

If anything! What is the hole in the middle for? Please explain!

I mean, was it some sort of non-airgun gift item/competition prize that Crosman used to market its guns?!

May 15th, 2017, 4:32 pm #4

The Crosman Arms "Gym Dolly" has nothing to do with airguns, other than it was produced by Crosman Arms.

It's interesting as historical evidence of how Crosman Arms attempted to expand their product line to include non-airgun items. It makes sense since they are already in the sporting goods business with thousands of sales contacts built up over the years.

May 15th, 2017, 4:34 pm #5

Ended: May 10, 2017 , 8:00PM No bids shown either. Never saw one before.
Yeah, I sent an email to Crosman marketing about it, thinking they might want it for their museum, but, they never got back to me. Unfortunately, I forgot about posting a note here until late.

If you are interested in it, contact the seller.

May 15th, 2017, 7:54 pm #6

The Crosman Arms "Gym Dolly" has nothing to do with airguns, other than it was produced by Crosman Arms.

It's interesting as historical evidence of how Crosman Arms attempted to expand their product line to include non-airgun items. It makes sense since they are already in the sporting goods business with thousands of sales contacts built up over the years.
So it's like Webley clocks, fans etc, but at least Crosman stuck to the general 'sporting goods' category... I wonder if the factory hit a slack period and had extra capacity, or was it an expansion into a potentially lucrative area?

tca

May 16th, 2017, 3:04 am #7

HEALTHWAYS was the outfit that was into absolutely everything to do with 'sport'! Diversification,was the name of the game.Adverts make very interesting reading.

May 16th, 2017, 5:57 am #8

So it's like Webley clocks, fans etc, but at least Crosman stuck to the general 'sporting goods' category... I wonder if the factory hit a slack period and had extra capacity, or was it an expansion into a potentially lucrative area?
From what I understand, this was a PY Hahn operation. He had his own personal shop behind the Fairport factory. That's where the Chap Chur guns, and other Crosman oddities emerged. It is when this operation -there's a picture of this shop identified in the 75 Years of Crosman book- was described that there was mention of the Gym Dolly.

May 16th, 2017, 6:10 am #9

HEALTHWAYS was the outfit that was into absolutely everything to do with 'sport'! Diversification,was the name of the game.Adverts make very interesting reading.
For a time, Hy-Score had a very diversified line of sport products, too.

May 27th, 2017, 8:49 pm #10

The Gym Dolly has returned.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/272685714274