Pellet box collection- how to display?

Pellet box collection- how to display?

March 28th, 2016, 8:38 pm #1

The other day a friend gave me an old webley pellet box... "since you collect those airguns, I'm hoping this has any value to you" he said... and I realized that if I look through all the cupboards conatining pellets, I have gathered quite a few odd and/or vintage pellet boxes over the few years I have been collecting airguns.

And then I finally admit to myself that I am a pellet box collector as well.. never thought it would go that far

Then the mind starts to wonder... I need to build a display case for pellet boxes... I share the thought with the missus, and she tell me that "old colorful pelletboxes on display in a tasteful case would look very nice in the livingroom"... With that kind of encouragement and support the idea should really be followed.

So, then I hope for inspiration; how do you gentlemen with similar interests display your box collections?

March 28th, 2016, 10:42 pm #2

on the airgunbbs.com:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?760733

I expect you can buy similar glass-topped jewellery display boxes in the US.

March 29th, 2016, 6:52 am #3

Oh, I'm in Norway! Thanks for the tip, those boxes look nice! Might look around and see if anything similar exists over here.
While googling I found someone that had made a combined coffe table/display box, that is also an interesting idea.

March 29th, 2016, 10:43 am #4

For a moment I forgot what an international forum this is...

leh

April 4th, 2016, 4:55 pm #5

The other day a friend gave me an old webley pellet box... "since you collect those airguns, I'm hoping this has any value to you" he said... and I realized that if I look through all the cupboards conatining pellets, I have gathered quite a few odd and/or vintage pellet boxes over the few years I have been collecting airguns.

And then I finally admit to myself that I am a pellet box collector as well.. never thought it would go that far

Then the mind starts to wonder... I need to build a display case for pellet boxes... I share the thought with the missus, and she tell me that "old colorful pelletboxes on display in a tasteful case would look very nice in the livingroom"... With that kind of encouragement and support the idea should really be followed.

So, then I hope for inspiration; how do you gentlemen with similar interests display your box collections?
Even organizing only the older, collectible pellets in a single location can become rather overwhelming after a few decades.

April 4th, 2016, 5:54 pm #6

Some years back, I visited some BB tube collectors (who were actually shotgun shell collectors but included BB tubes; since they are made from the same process) and was overwhelmed by the size and variety. The largest collection had at least a thousand plus individual BB tubes.

April 4th, 2016, 7:32 pm #7

Even organizing only the older, collectible pellets in a single location can become rather overwhelming after a few decades.

...better half said wehn I shoved her your collection: "oh my god! you are only gonna fill a coffe table, arent you??"

But that is an inspiring collection sir!

tca

April 4th, 2016, 10:35 pm #8

just beautiful! Trev

April 4th, 2016, 11:09 pm #9

Larry that's one nice collection, I remember seeing a lot of those containers over the years. Thanks for the picture.

Ejwills.

April 6th, 2016, 10:32 pm #10

Can't recall ever seeing another .25 cal pellet tin this old.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-25-cali ... Swu1VW2KRP