I'm new here

I'm new here

March 15th, 2010, 11:50 am #1

Hi everybody. I'm new to this forum. My dad and I just got an Akita/sheppard mix from the Erie county spca. Kodi is two months old and weighs in at 5.5lbs. My dad has him at his house and I live next door with my Eskie.
Cindy

March 15th, 2010, 4:00 pm #2

I'm Nicki, and I have three dogs: two German Shepherds and a Rottweiler. Why am I on an Akita forum when I don't have an Akita? Because when I originally adopted Luna (one of my GSDs) they listed her as an Akita mix. We're pretty sure she doesn't have Akita in her... but the people here were so nice I decided to stay!

I'd love to see pics of your doggies!

March 15th, 2010, 6:20 pm #3

Hi everybody. I'm new to this forum. My dad and I just got an Akita/sheppard mix from the Erie county spca. Kodi is two months old and weighs in at 5.5lbs. My dad has him at his house and I live next door with my Eskie.
Cindy
Welcome! He is really only 5.5lbs, or is that a typo? Just seems small

I live in MN with my 4 year old male, Mikko, 16 month old daughter, Bella, oh, and my husband too!
<center>
</center>

March 15th, 2010, 6:28 pm #4

No he is really only 5.5lbs. There were 6 in the litter at the spca and two were 13lbs the rest were small like Kodi. I was wondering what he was suppose to weigh. The vet said he wouldn't be all that big maybe 60 to 70 when he gets older. He just seams like he was mixed with something that isn't a Sheppard.

March 15th, 2010, 7:22 pm #5

Others might know, but I'm not sure what the "right" weight is. Especially when you don't really know what his breed is exactly.

If you have any pictures, we'd love to see them!
<center>
</center>

March 15th, 2010, 7:29 pm #6

Cindy
well my haylie was small.. at 7 weeks she was about 5 lbs. she is now in the mid 60's and has been for a while. She's all akita but just byb. My kayden at 9 weeks was about 18 lbs.
Plus there's the difference of female/male too. LOL But i think most female pup's at 8 weeks are quite ham's. Angel has a litter right now.. angel if your still on here.. how much are they weighing in at now?

Hope to see pic's.

welcome aboard.
Elea, Sierra, Haylie & Kayden
Last edited by eleawarf1 on March 15th, 2010, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 15th, 2010, 7:48 pm #7

Haylie was TEENY!!! CUTE!
<center>
</center>

March 15th, 2010, 8:20 pm #8

Cindy
Its a nice forum with nice people to help you out. I wouldnt worry to much about your pups weight if he has been to the vet and everthing is ok with him he will be fine. Every akita matures deferent it depends on the lines they come from and not knowing what he is mixed with its hard to say what his average size should be at his age.

March 15th, 2010, 8:30 pm #9

No he is really only 5.5lbs. There were 6 in the litter at the spca and two were 13lbs the rest were small like Kodi. I was wondering what he was suppose to weigh. The vet said he wouldn't be all that big maybe 60 to 70 when he gets older. He just seams like he was mixed with something that isn't a Sheppard.
...or her owners didn't keep her secured during heat, she could have been bred by multiple dogs of more than one mix The 5 pound pup could have a different father than the 13 pound pups -- But we don't care about doggie backgrounds around here Pure Akitas, mixed Akitas & non-Akitas are ALL welcome !!!

March 15th, 2010, 8:34 pm #10

well my haylie was small.. at 7 weeks she was about 5 lbs. she is now in the mid 60's and has been for a while. She's all akita but just byb. My kayden at 9 weeks was about 18 lbs.
Plus there's the difference of female/male too. LOL But i think most female pup's at 8 weeks are quite ham's. Angel has a litter right now.. angel if your still on here.. how much are they weighing in at now?

Hope to see pic's.

welcome aboard.
Elea, Sierra, Haylie & Kayden
It's crazy how different they can be!!
<center>
</center>