First Akita clergy (service dog)

First Akita clergy (service dog)

February 10th, 2011, 8:04 pm #1

While everyone has 'hunkering in' for the big snowstorm last week, Kito was putting on his service harness and going to work.
Last Tuesday was different however because even though he has been going to the hospital for a year, last Tuesday he was awarded his hospital ID.
My spouse told me that even during the Tuesday visit, that Kito is showing very good judgement in novel situations.

I will post again this weekend with the photo (on a different computer) of a very happy and proud Kito with his new badge.

Last edited by numberoneakitamom on February 11th, 2011, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Candi
Candi

February 10th, 2011, 8:19 pm #2

He is SUCH a great Akita Ambassador, thanks to you & your husband, Patricia !!!

February 10th, 2011, 10:43 pm #3

awh, shucks, Candi.
Thank you.
When you see the photo, I think you'll be very impressed with how proud Kito is of his accomplishment.

February 11th, 2011, 12:02 am #4

While everyone has 'hunkering in' for the big snowstorm last week, Kito was putting on his service harness and going to work.
Last Tuesday was different however because even though he has been going to the hospital for a year, last Tuesday he was awarded his hospital ID.
My spouse told me that even during the Tuesday visit, that Kito is showing very good judgement in novel situations.

I will post again this weekend with the photo (on a different computer) of a very happy and proud Kito with his new badge.

and huge congrat's!

February 11th, 2011, 2:57 pm #5

Thanks Kathy!

After one year of visit, Kito's badge was issued by the hospital clergy department.
I really am thinking that Kito is may be the first Akita to get a clergy distinction, internationally.

I have the original photo in Shutterfly so we may have to retake the photo today and then post.

February 11th, 2011, 5:02 pm #6

I am very proud of how Kito has matured and all the hard work put into getting him where he is now. All 3 of you have worked together and done great,, it takes everyone in a family to achieve the goals that Kito has accomplished, so,, Thank You for following through and believing in Kito. I could not be any more prouder in one of our puppys than in Kito now. Cann't wait to see the boy in his working cloths & his new Badge. (((Hugs))) Kito from us and you make us so proud ,, Daddy Quest & Mom Sara say ,, woof-woof to..
Jim & Betty Erter

Nancy
Nancy

February 11th, 2011, 8:50 pm #7

I would love to see a pic with his badge. What a great Honor. I thank Kito and your family for prooving to the entire world that Akitas are great & smart dogs. Way to go Kito!!! Gotta admit that he's got one of those faces that make you fall in love instantly Lol!!

Pauline
Pauline

February 11th, 2011, 10:47 pm #8

you're a star!! I can`t wait to see pics of you with your well deserved badge :)

February 11th, 2011, 11:00 pm #9

'Kito' -- Mamandagashkito ("I can do wonderful things!")

February 11th, 2011, 11:58 pm #10

What an awesome boy! Congratulations on his new badge for work!