What's in a Name

What's in a Name

Suzie
Suzie

April 15th, 2012, 1:34 am #1

You all interested in sharin' some name id-ers for my little girl when she arrives? Not that I will use em', but it just might be interestin' to see what kind of names are floatin' out there in Axtell World of Vents.
She will have a troll like face, long wavey brown hair, brown eyes, brown skin tone, cause she plays outdoors. I am thinkin' around 3-6 year old?
I have a few ideas of my own, but not sure yet what will fit her, and I am still in the thinkin' stage awaitin' her arrival. Here is what I have so far. 1) Greta 2) Trixie 3) Cheri Jean 4) Knee-ner

crazy chris
crazy chris

April 15th, 2012, 1:36 am #2

Polly Esther...

...get it?

cc

Suzie
Suzie

April 15th, 2012, 1:47 am #3

You all interested in sharin' some name id-ers for my little girl when she arrives? Not that I will use em', but it just might be interestin' to see what kind of names are floatin' out there in Axtell World of Vents.
She will have a troll like face, long wavey brown hair, brown eyes, brown skin tone, cause she plays outdoors. I am thinkin' around 3-6 year old?
I have a few ideas of my own, but not sure yet what will fit her, and I am still in the thinkin' stage awaitin' her arrival. Here is what I have so far. 1) Greta 2) Trixie 3) Cheri Jean 4) Knee-ner
Chris, I like that. But... soon as I heard it I thought of a Bird. I have a Beak Er Bird. The name "Corkie" came to me awhile ago. I think this will be fun. You all, I know will come up with some great ideas. I wonder if you've been hangin' around with birds too much this weekend. Are you gettin' tired and feathered? {:->

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

April 15th, 2012, 2:36 am #4

I do like Polly Esther. It's a new wrinkle to names.
Polly Anna.
Sweetums.
Honey.
Angel.
Dana Banana
Little Suzie (helps the audience remember your name)
Joy Fully

crazy chris
crazy chris

April 15th, 2012, 2:55 am #5

hee hee

cc

Suzie
Suzie

April 15th, 2012, 9:51 am #6

Looks like Chris is getting a Wrinkle about his Polly Esther. {:->
Thanks Tony...nice names. Angel is nice. I like the Joy Fully too.
Not sure I want my little girl being named after me though. I can hear it now. "Oh, that Suzie, she such a little dummy." {:->

Rick Cina
Rick Cina

April 15th, 2012, 7:37 pm #7

To name my characters, I like to go to the old baby names websites. I especially like the early 20th century era names. One like the website below lists the top several hundred boy and girl names from each decade.

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/popular/0/us/1910-1919

Using 100-year-old popular baby names, I've named my duck Floyd, my bassett hound Buford, my crybaby Gilbert, my Buster (boy) Ferris Wheeler, my vulture Igor (spelled EeeGore), my lion Herb (he's a herbivore), and my big bear, George (ala the "Which-way-did-he-go?" big cat from the Warner Bros. cartoon shorts).

If I liked or had more range with my feminine voice at all, I'd have chosen names like Bertha, Myrtle, Olga, Hattie, Fannie, etc., for my characters. The only female I choose to do is my ostrich, which I've named Clare.

April 15th, 2012, 8:14 pm #8

When naming puppet characters, I like to pull ideas from as wide a spectrum as possible.
Clever pun names, common names, ethnic, mythology, objects, absolute ridiculousness...

Tina
Pedro
Demento
Hercules
Clint Eatswood (termite)
Penelope
Gus
Yoyo
Kevin
Yolanda
Krusty
Ocho
Tick-Tock
Yikes
Nugget
Stanley
Pinky
Pierre
Antoinette
Jellylocks
Captain Littlehead
Julius Sneezer
* Sorry, I have alot of characters!

Suzie
Suzie

April 15th, 2012, 10:04 pm #9

Thanks to you guys. I love your puppet names. They are so cool. I can't wait to get the little girl and look at her, and actually touch her. Then I bet a name will just pop out at me. Funny how that works. My Grandma's name was Fanny May.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

April 15th, 2012, 10:43 pm #10

Suzie, did you hear about the line waiting to get into heaven? It was time to enter through the Pearly Gates but St. Peter had a few questions for each person as they came forward. Your grandfather and grandmother were in the line, rest their souls.

As the line drew nearer your Grandfather heard St. Peter ask a gentlemen up ahead, "Sir, would you tell me the name of the woman you married?" The genteleman answered, "Her name is Penny." Peter replied, "I'm sorry, sir, but you obviously had your mind set on money when you married someone with that name. You can't serve both God and money." Then he asked the next gentleman the same question. "What is the name of your wife?" The answer came. "Ruby." Peter shook his head sadly, "I'm sorry, Sir, but your mind is obviously on riches."

Then your grandfather turned to your grandmother and said, "Come on, Fanny. We might as well leave now."