Twinkle Toes Ostrich

Twinkle Toes Ostrich

December 23rd, 2008, 12:59 pm #1

I am planning to get the Ostrich puppet for my new shows in 2009. It is very attractive and visible on a stage. I want to do a magic trick with it.

Do any of you own one of these? And how do you use it in your shows?

I asked Steve if the fantastic Blinking Eyes were available and he said not yet. I hope they will be soon.

Lou

December 23rd, 2008, 3:25 pm #2

My friend Wilma Swartz has one. I was thinking of getting one at tax time but I think I am gona get the bear. I have been thinking about getting the bear for 2 years. I am still thinking about the ostrich too, though haven't eliminated it yet. Contact me and I 'll give you her e-mail.
Ribbons the clown

Ribbons the clown
Robin Bremer
http://www.ribbonstheclown.com/
www.youtube.com/user/ribbonstheclown
www.RibbonsBelieveItOrNotBlogspot.com

December 23rd, 2008, 8:15 pm #3

The Ostrich has been out for a while and there are hundreds of them performing in shows all over the world, but the blinking eyelids have been a bit of a secret while we develop them. We made the first prototype for a performer in Vegas and are working on the production model now. When I approve the final sample, we will list the price. Meanwhile here is the video...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyF6px-Qblw

Last edited by axtell on December 23rd, 2008, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 23rd, 2008, 8:32 pm #4

I am planning to get the Ostrich puppet for my new shows in 2009. It is very attractive and visible on a stage. I want to do a magic trick with it.

I asked Steve if the fantastic Blinking Eyes were available and he said not yet. I hope they will be soon.

Lou
We have a brand "newie" and haven't used him yet in a show. We had ideas for him before he arrived, but when we saw him and operated him all our ideas have been revised! He is much better than we thought he would be, comfortable to work and there is no doubt he will be the feature our shows. We like his cheeky happy face! He is crafted with the usual Axtell attention to detail in lots of small ways. It's good to know Axtell's products are made and tested by experienced vents who know what we want and need.
best always,
Terry Wild

December 23rd, 2008, 10:47 pm #5

The Ostrich has been out for a while and there are hundreds of them performing in shows all over the world, but the blinking eyelids have been a bit of a secret while we develop them. We made the first prototype for a performer in Vegas and are working on the production model now. When I approve the final sample, we will list the price. Meanwhile here is the video...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyF6px-Qblw

Steve, please notify me as soon as you have the Blinking Eyes available. Will it be soon?

You know me, I am always one of the first to order any new Axtell product from your ancient Magic Drawing Board, Old Storyteller, etc. to the high tech Hands Free Puppets.

I also want to know if this is operated by the puppet hand at the same time or with the other free hand which also operates the flapping wing movements. Is it cable or finger operated? They are sooooo beatiful and realistic!

December 24th, 2008, 2:06 am #6

Thanks for your loyalty Lou! The first one we made with servos. We are experimenting with cables now. In any event the control hand is the one holding the wings not the one in the head.

Ax

December 30th, 2008, 2:07 pm #7

Lou
I was wondering why it is needed to specify when ordering whether the puppet hand should be either left or right. Can this not be used on either hand? Or could the flapping controls be re-adjusted?

I am about to order this soon.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

December 30th, 2008, 5:12 pm #8

Lou
The Ostrich should come with a warning.

WARNING: Axtell products will draw a crowd whenever used. Use with caution as complete strangers are likely to come up and begin talking to you through the product. Research has shown that strangers also lose normal inhibitions and are likely to laugh at you as well.

December 31st, 2008, 5:05 am #9

Lou
The ostrich looks great...

December 31st, 2008, 5:13 am #10

Lou
Here is a drawing of the hand control for the ostrich. It is offset to one side or the other, so you can stand to one side. If it were centered you would have to stand directly behind it, and even then it would be very awkward.

It may be a month or so before we start offering the animated eyelids with a production version ready to go. Ron is still working on it.
Ax