Performance stand

Performance stand

August 9th, 2012, 12:18 pm #1

Any suggestions for a fold-up performance stand? I'm getting a bird- so qualify for a bird arm- but figured a regular stand would be easier for a beginner ( me) with an easier stage transition ( I need to transit from playing a guitar to holding the bird ) & possibly easier puppet manipulation ( concentrating on the puppet & not the arm too). I do school assemblies- with headset-mic on long cord- so I do like the idea of possibly getting closer & being able to move about with the arm. My plan would be to start out simpler & maybe 'graduate' to that. Any suggestions here?

JohnDMagician
JohnDMagician

August 9th, 2012, 2:23 pm #2

Many magic sites offer an "appearing" table for about $27 which is collapsible, easy to set up and can be carried in one hand. I use it all the time for my figures... as well as my magic act.

Suzie
Suzie

August 9th, 2012, 8:06 pm #3

Any suggestions for a fold-up performance stand? I'm getting a bird- so qualify for a bird arm- but figured a regular stand would be easier for a beginner ( me) with an easier stage transition ( I need to transit from playing a guitar to holding the bird ) & possibly easier puppet manipulation ( concentrating on the puppet & not the arm too). I do school assemblies- with headset-mic on long cord- so I do like the idea of possibly getting closer & being able to move about with the arm. My plan would be to start out simpler & maybe 'graduate' to that. Any suggestions here?
I use a camera tripod. We drilled a hole in the middle of a wooden cutting board and attached it to the tripod. You can use any size board you want and the height adjusts to about anything I need. Plus if I am not using the stand my husband can use it to tape my shows for my viewing...to grow with the art.
I throw an accent table cloth over it to dress it up. Or I have even used it plan for my possum once in awhile. Or I have taken a little girls fancy skirt and put it over it to just dress up the board.
Some use mike stands and attach something flat to the top. I think that may take a little extra work.
But if it works for you it really doesn't matter what you use.