If you could do anything!

If you could do anything!

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

August 3rd, 2012, 3:12 pm #1

Pretend that someone said, "I like your style. I like your work ethics. I think I can make money off of you. I will pay you what you are making now to go and do anything you want to do. If you make extra that will be my profit from the investment. If you don't that's okay."

What would you choose to do?

My daughter would become a movie critic, for example.

Suzie
Suzie

August 3rd, 2012, 5:23 pm #2

A bicycle tour guide.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

August 3rd, 2012, 6:18 pm #3

Pretend that someone said, "I like your style. I like your work ethics. I think I can make money off of you. I will pay you what you are making now to go and do anything you want to do. If you make extra that will be my profit from the investment. If you don't that's okay."

Wow! Bicycle tour guide sounds neat. You could actually do a "spin" class on real bikes each week. Charge people to have you motivate and educate them. I don't know what you might need for insurance.

Suzie
Suzie

August 3rd, 2012, 8:37 pm #4

Just regular business insurance and accident insurance would probably work, and of course ride at your own risk forms. {:->
You could rent out bikes or let them bring there own. If I had really strong bikers wanting to take a tour; I'd have to dip into my stronger biker buddies time to give me a hands up. But if they were content to go my speed and let me show them the area it would be great. I used to have a gang called Bikin' Granny's Gang. I had at one time 167 people in my gang. Normally only about 4 to 13 riders would go out at one time when I called a ride. Some were just on board for my newsletter which was like an old time nickel magazine or a penny book, what ever. It didn't cost them anything. They just had to be on my email address to get the newsletter. They loved to read about my husband and I traveling around the tri-state on bike tours and riding local with gang members. The fun part was I trashed my husband in every story. They loved to hate me doing that to him, but just couldn't wait to see what I wrote about next on our adventures. For about a year my stories were printed in the local newspaper along with pictures. It was kind of cool. I don't keep stuff lying around, so I don't even have a copy of any of that anymore. I have other interest at the moment. My Puppet Ministry is my joy, joy spot right now. I love entertaining with my Puppets.
If I did ever become a bicycle tour guide I could have Axtell puppet shows when we came back. {:-> Ain't it fun to dream?

Suzie
Suzie

August 3rd, 2012, 8:44 pm #5

Oops! Better clear this up. Trashing my husband? Yes, but in fun. Always made him out to be the whimpy side-kick. He loved it. People felt so sorry for him. Actually he is a stronger rider than me when he wants to.
We've been married for 37 years and loving every minute of it. {:->

August 4th, 2012, 3:13 am #6

This is a good question, I had to think about it before answering.

All things considered, I think I'd actually say; "Thanks but no thanks."

I'm retired from the Post Office, and I have a good pension coming in. I of course do ventriloquism and magic shows, about 55-60 shows a year. I guess, I'd like to do just a little more, but not too much so that it seems like a job.

I work at a Haunted House about 2 months, www.themortuary.net, 4 years now, scaring the dickens out of people of all ages. I have a whole lot of fun doing this, but I'm glad when it's over.

Then during the month of December I work at Santa's Secret workshop, www.santassecretworkshop.net, 2 years now, and probably 3, bringing a lot of joy to children, but I'm also glad when Christmas comes and this job ends.

So, I have some diversity in my life, doing things that give me great pleasure, but at the same time not so much so that it is no longer fun.

JohnDMagician
JohnDMagician

August 4th, 2012, 2:13 pm #7

I'd keep on doing what I'm doing...only more of it.I'd like to provide shows all over Montana, instead of just regional along the Hi-Line.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

August 5th, 2012, 4:01 am #8

I would do video work. I would try to put together tons of 15 sec. to 4 minute clips on Safety, Character Building, Bullying, and Bible stories.