Help with act (Australian theme)

Help with act (Australian theme)

Mr Crappy Artist
Mr Crappy Artist

April 11th, 2012, 8:25 pm #1

Some help needed with a very un-usual bit of an act?

Im a noob at attempting to use a drawing board prop in my normal show that usually has no props

OK let me explain a bit better

I need to use the drawing board to draw a map of Australia and make it come alive ( eyes and mouth etc ) for approx 2 to 4 mins

Im wondering?
Should I try find a way to incorporate a volunteer from the audience? but Im worried it will add to much to the time scale and also I wonder what a volunteer can do as regards a map scenario?

Or should I do it alone ( no volunteer ) and have the audience shout out ( something like the eyes are moving etc )

I got the drawing board today and have a mental block as how to create what I need, any ideas, a script! or constructive help would be fantastic

Thanks
MR C A
Last edited by axtell on April 13th, 2012, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

April 12th, 2012, 12:00 am #2

If you focus on just the Northern Territory and South Australia for your drawing, you have a bit of a face with crazy hair sticking up. The line between North and South would be drawn right along the mouth line.
Last edited by axtell on April 13th, 2012, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 13th, 2012, 5:44 pm #3

Im a noob at attempting to use a drawing board prop in my normal show that usually has no props

I need to use the drawing board to draw a map of Australia and make it come alive ( eyes and mouth etc ) for approx 2 to 4 mins

Im wondering?
Should I try find a way to incorporate a volunteer from the audience? but Im worried it will add to much to the time scale and also I wonder what a volunteer can do as regards a map scenario?

Or should I do it alone ( no volunteer ) and have the audience shout out ( something like the eyes are moving etc )

I got the drawing board today and have a mental block as how to create what I need, any ideas, a script! or constructive help would be fantastic

Thanks
MR C A
Here's a spin on Tony's idea. Since Australia fits horizontally on the board better, you could draw it like this....talk about the regions, then rotate it and draw an Australian man and talk about the people then have him talk to complete the routine!

April 13th, 2012, 5:47 pm #4

Im wondering?

Thanks
MR C A
You could erase the man because it freaked you out talking, then continue with your lecture, and draw the platypus... to your surprise it too comes alive. You have the advantage of our Platypus song with this...

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="420" height="315"></embed></object>

Suzie
Suzie

April 13th, 2012, 8:17 pm #5

Im wondering?

Thanks
MR C A
Loved the Promo!