El Wire - Ideas?

El Wire - Ideas?

Ax
Ax

August 9th, 2012, 2:50 am #1

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="420" height="315"></embed></object>

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

August 9th, 2012, 3:08 pm #2

I could finally get my name in lights! I like the idea of putting a bunch in a small treasure box or a genie's lamp. Then when you open it there is a glow inside. (without tipping it to see the glow.) The glow would pulsate as the genie of the lamp or the ghost in the treasure chest spoke.

Rick Cina
Rick Cina

August 9th, 2012, 7:06 pm #3

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="420" height="315"></embed></object>
An idea for the El Wire

Tell the audience that it is a truth detector that you wear around your neck. If it lights up and doesn't blink after a response, it means you're telling the truth. If it starts to blink a little bit, you're telling a white lie. If it blinks really fast, you're telling a whopper.

Put it around the puppet's neck and ask him something that you know to be true (favorite meal, favorite color, etc.). It functions properly with a stable light-up. Ask another, and the same thing happens (to demonstrate functionality). Then you (the vent) take off the wire and put it around your neck. The puppet asks you the question: Who is smarter, you (the vent) or me (puppet)? The vent says that he is smarter. The wire begins to blink (slowly). Puzzled, you insist that this device must not be working, and then say it again: you are smarter than the puppet. The wire blinks wildly (fast). Embarrassed, the you say that you are a little bit smarter than the puppet. It blinks, but slowly. Exasperated, you slowly and reluctantly say that the puppet is smarter than you. The truth detector lights up, and doesn't blink, (indicating that you just told the truth).

Ax
Ax

August 12th, 2012, 5:43 pm #4

Cool stuff! Love it

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

August 12th, 2012, 8:50 pm #5

Brainstorming:
Flashing light from trunk would show that your puppet left the tv on again!
Puppet sings "Electrifying" from Grease.
There was a song from the 70's or early 80's about electric something... It was a good song, but I can't remember it!
Puppet sings, "You light up my life".

Make a hat with lights all over it. Could be a lie detector, brain washer, or could just make you feel light headed.

Attach it behing a thin backdrop and form it in the shape of a predicted card. Ex. A with a heart shape. You would put black tape on the parts you don't want to show. Then you turn on the light to show that your prediction matched the card they picked (and you forced).

MikeC
MikeC

August 13th, 2012, 3:20 am #6

I'm a fan Tony, but please... NOT "You Light up My Life"

*(Chews through leg, escapes...)

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

August 13th, 2012, 4:38 pm #7

Made me laugh! I see you take a dim view of my bright idea, which I find illuminating! Don't keep us in the dark. I know there are several great songs out there. Wish I could remember the electric song. It played on The River a couple of days ago. (GREAT internet and radio station).

August 13th, 2012, 4:39 pm #8

This will be perfect for my new character - Meltdown the Radioactive Monkey.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

August 14th, 2012, 2:40 pm #9

Found the song I thought would fit this E-wire perfectly. There are several versions on youtube. This has nice audio quality, but you may have to turn it up. The singer is Eddy Grant.