Custom Question

Custom Question

Suzie
Suzie

March 7th, 2012, 9:23 pm #1

I checked out Bongo...since the other guy made his posting of his new addition to his family.
As I was watching the promo...I thought..I think...I would like a brown regular face instead of the blue.
So...as I looked through the ideas section...I saw a Brown faced custom.
Are there some guide line rules for having your puppet customed? Like here.
Say if I wanted a brown face instead of the blue. The guy in the picture already has a custom brown face. Does that mean...you can't custom another brown face like that one for another customer?
I am figuring you do not copy a pros puppet thread per thread, but unless you know all the primary pros in the business you would not know if you were copying a pros puppet.
Or what about hands. Pointed fingers, non-pointed fingers? Fist non-fist?
I believe I saw in the promo that the Old Storyteller had a pointed finger on one hand. But...He appears to have just straight hands in the other picures.

March 8th, 2012, 2:46 am #2

Steve's crew is pretty good about customizing your figures the way you want. They did a terrific job with the World's Oldest Indian and I've seen them do equally good work on other customized jobs. Just drop them a line and let them know what you want. There's a little extra charge, but the results are definitely worth it.

Ax
Ax

March 8th, 2012, 6:33 pm #3

I checked out Bongo...since the other guy made his posting of his new addition to his family.
As I was watching the promo...I thought..I think...I would like a brown regular face instead of the blue.
Say if I wanted a brown face instead of the blue. The guy in the picture already has a custom brown face. Does that mean...you can't custom another brown face like that one for another customer?
I am figuring you do not copy a pros puppet thread per thread, but unless you know all the primary pros in the business you would not know if you were copying a pros puppet.
I believe I saw in the promo that the Old Storyteller had a pointed finger on one hand. But...He appears to have just straight hands in the other picures.
Our stock characters can be customized anyway you want. "Customizing" our stock characters is always non-exclusive (you can't be the only one that can get an orange colored cockatoo for example). It also doesn't change the copyrights to the characters, they remain Axtell copyrights.

Here is an examples of a customized stock puppet (different color of the platypus) ...

Customizing can also be a "mash up" of a few different characters put together, same thing goes they are non-exclusive (others can buy it that way too) and it remains Axtell copyrights.

Here is an example of a "Mash up" drawn by Doodles of a Duck head on a Dino body...

Exclusive Custom Puppets give you 100% ownership of the copyrights. They are expensive because we must load all the development costs; drawings, sculpture, pattern development, molds, prototypes, modifications & rights into the one of a kind puppet. These are made to order for you only. Here is examples of Exclusive custom puppet of Shaq:

Last edited by axtell on March 8th, 2012, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suzie
Suzie

March 8th, 2012, 9:32 pm #4

Thanks for sharing.
I do have an additional question.
I was wondering. I have the Old Storyteller on the way.
I am figuring his hands will be what ever you all put on as a stock item.
He is suppose to be ready to send this way on the 19th.
If I decide that I want to have a pointing finger on his right hand. Can I send him back for latex surgery at a later date?

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

March 8th, 2012, 11:18 pm #5

I don't recall which hand points, but the hands would not be able to trade sides. The thumb would be on the wrong side of the hand if they switched positions. The hands are made from molds, so it would require sculpting a new hand to wind up with the opposite hand pointing. This is only my opinion as a customer. I don't know anything (literally) for certain.

Suzie
Suzie

March 8th, 2012, 11:48 pm #6

In the promo with Ax, he points with his right finger. But in the other pictures. There are only a few with a pointed finger. Most of the pictures shows he just has hands, without any pointing fingers at all. So, I question what the stock hands are on the Storyteller. To point or not to point?
By the way. I did not inquire about hand/finger positioning when I ordered The Old Storyteller.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

March 9th, 2012, 2:35 am #7

Usually one hand on the storyteller is pointing and the other is not. The pointing finger does have a point to it and is very useful. I'm sorry I didn't get your point earlier. Thank you for pointing it out to me. I would say more, but what's the point?

March 9th, 2012, 6:10 am #8

Unfortunately we no longer have the molds for the original hands with the right hand pointer. However we do have some new hands with individual fingers with wires in them that can be posed anyway. They are a bit more $75 but amazing....
\

Suzie
Suzie

March 10th, 2012, 10:47 am #9

I really like the new old hands. Thanks for sharing.