Annoying cough

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

November 9th, 2009, 1:48 am #11

It seems that I have asthma, with the only real symptom being a smokers cough, even though I have never smoked in my life. There are certain triggers that will set it off, like catching a cold, second hand smoke, cleaning chemicals, etc.
I started working at a Haunted House and love working there. The only problem is it set my asthma off, and I have been coughing like crazy. Of course this has to happen in one of the busiest months I have ever had magic/ventriloquism wise. By a miracle I have been able to make it through all of my 20 minute ventriloquist routine without serious coughing, though I can not say the same about the rest of my magic show.
I have been taking medicine, and decided not to work at the Haunted House for over a week to rest, but I still am not 100%.
Does anyone else have this problem, and if you do, what helps?
I'm guessing that taco's voice is at a higher pitch, which requires less air passing over the vocal chords, thus, less irritation on the throats. If you change your own voice to a high pitched falsetto you should be fine as well!

November 9th, 2009, 10:10 am #12

It seems that I have asthma, with the only real symptom being a smokers cough, even though I have never smoked in my life. There are certain triggers that will set it off, like catching a cold, second hand smoke, cleaning chemicals, etc.
I started working at a Haunted House and love working there. The only problem is it set my asthma off, and I have been coughing like crazy. Of course this has to happen in one of the busiest months I have ever had magic/ventriloquism wise. By a miracle I have been able to make it through all of my 20 minute ventriloquist routine without serious coughing, though I can not say the same about the rest of my magic show.
I have been taking medicine, and decided not to work at the Haunted House for over a week to rest, but I still am not 100%.
Does anyone else have this problem, and if you do, what helps?
Cool idea. Oh, then everyone would say you; "and Taco sound the same." LOL