Advice with REPACKAGING me...

Advice with REPACKAGING me...

April 3rd, 2012, 9:42 pm #1

After 20 years of being "Ribbons the clown" I am dropping the name and custom (unless someone wants a show) I am repackaging myself.My web site has changed from ribbons the clown, to robin bremer so this falls right into place. I am going to use my name as maybe "Christian Ventriloquist Robin bremer, or maybe Entertainer Ventriloquist Robin Bremer. I would love some advice from you guys. I have gotten some very helpful advice so far and have lots of changes to make and decisions to make. ANY ADVICE would be great as I go though this big change.Plus alot of you guys have seen my videos and know what all I do so you can advice me on titles or show names or everything I need to change my image.
THANKS
Robin

Last edited by rribbonstheclown on April 3rd, 2012, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

April 3rd, 2012, 10:36 pm #2

How about Robin's Nest? With a photo montage of you on a nest and different puppet heads popping out of robin eggs?

Or Rockin' Robin Bremer.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

April 4th, 2012, 2:53 am #3

After 20 years of being "Ribbons the clown" I am dropping the name and custom (unless someone wants a show) I am repackaging myself.My web site has changed from ribbons the clown, to robin bremer so this falls right into place. I am going to use my name as maybe "Christian Ventriloquist Robin bremer, or maybe Entertainer Ventriloquist Robin Bremer. I would love some advice from you guys. I have gotten some very helpful advice so far and have lots of changes to make and decisions to make. ANY ADVICE would be great as I go though this big change.Plus alot of you guys have seen my videos and know what all I do so you can advice me on titles or show names or everything I need to change my image.
THANKS
Robin
You need to think of something that makes you unique! Where they say, "Oh, this is the one we have got to have!"

Examples:
Captain Dan, The Safety Hero.
KaBoom! Mad Scientist!
Mark Thompson, Musical Ventriloquist.
Tony Borders, Magical Ventriloquist.
The Bubble Lady
Dr. Solar's Old Time Medicine Show, (comes to you on a completely solar powered portable stage!)

If you only want to do Christian schools and churches then you can call yourself a Christian Evangelist. But it would really hurt your secular show possibilities.

The unique aspect might come from what your show is about:
The Bremer Town Musicians, starring Robin Bremer and her cast of warbling puppets.
Robin's Nest: Where fun ideas hatch and grow!
Rockin' Robin: Where the 1950's meet the 2010's!
Robin Bremer: Keeping Comedy Cute and Clean

April 4th, 2012, 3:14 am #4

THANKS
Robin
Thanks Tony, at church they call me rocken robin, mmmm, that might be an idea. Keep the ideas comming cause I need a whole new "grown up" look and act, I want to do more adult shows.

Ribbons the clown
www.RobinBremer.net clowning/ventriloqism how to and fun along with Christian teaching.

Suzie
Suzie

April 4th, 2012, 3:38 am #5

THANKS
Robin
Robin, Tony is right about labels.
I did not name myself. I got Tagged as I started into Venting. I got Tagged Suzie's Puppet Ministry, by those that had seen me Venting at Church. I am proud of that title. That is what I primarily do at the moment, so it fits like a old shoe, although I am new.
I have had some friends that are concerned that I will not be able to go out to non-Christian surroundings and do my thing, even though I can do my thing of keeping clean and not doing a Ministry. Their concern is my title. If that makes any since. I just proved that last weekend. People attending really did not hear Suzie's Puppet Ministry, or actually read it, when they read it. They heard and read the word Puppets and that is what they came for. Puppets. I was able to do a nice show, and work in some of my Bible Based Material as well. I would have liked to have done a better job, that will come with time and growth. But above all else I did what I like to do and used my Puppets to reach those that are unchurched. I am pretty sure there were people attending that were unchurched. They still had a good time. The feed back has been great so far from those who attended and cared to share. My Husband has been getting positive feed back as well about what I did. That is awesome.
Here is what I think you should do. You already have set in your mind what kind of puppet shows you want to do. You have listened to friends and you are still looking for advise. Go with the title your heart is telling you do use. It can be cute, sweet, or just down right funny,or go with Ministry. In the long run if you listen to everyone else, and not where your heart is leading you, I fear you will feel uncomfortable with the new title and be looking to change it again really soon. For some reason you decided you needed a change. I think you already know what you want to do. Freshen up old skits and add new ones. You'll find out quickly what works and what doesn't.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

April 4th, 2012, 5:32 am #6

THANKS
Robin
For my first 7 years of full time I called my show The Puppet Apostles. And like you, a few secular places would inquire. For them I just went as Tony Borders' Puppets. Even churches called me the Puppet Apostle.

Rick Cina
Rick Cina

April 4th, 2012, 7:42 am #7

THANKS
Robin
The Great Robini and Her Cast of Characters

Robin Bremer, Character Artist

Robin Bremer the Puppanimator

Neale Bacon
Neale Bacon

April 4th, 2012, 5:32 pm #8

THANKS
Robin
I know Robin does ministry shows so I would suggest something like Robin Bremer and the Sonshine Crew

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

April 4th, 2012, 6:00 pm #9

THANKS
Robin
Nice idea, Neale. A name that means something to Christians, but doesn't frighten others from utilizing a Christian. I used to know a Sonshine Puppets team and they did school shows as well.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

April 5th, 2012, 5:27 am #10

THANKS
Robin
I am also in the process of reinventing myself. I stopped advertising in the Yellow Pages because I only got birthday parties from it and can live without them. I want to add the WOW factor to my set, but streamline my props!

Steve Axtell once recommended that I consider doing a black and white show, where all of my props, curtains, clothing, are in black and white. I think chrome magic tricks could be added to that mix with no problem. I can see me wearing a Fedora. Just wasn't sure I wanted a Panda instead of a Grizzly and a skunk instead of a bird.

I like the idea of one of the pull up signs with artwork designed by any of the guys mentioned on this forum in this past. That would work for magic and ventriloquism. But my specialty is a puppet dancing and lip synching to music. It's only 2 to 4 minutes of my show, but it is the best thing I do. That means a backdrop. So I hope to contact Roy Stone soon with ideas for a backdrop.

My main goal though, is to spread joy. So I hope to reinvent myself and my show with that in mind.