A touch of reality

A touch of reality

April 27th, 2012, 2:40 pm #1

Sorry to rain on this parade of comment, but if you're getting into vent just to make money or meet girls, you're going into the wrong field. I'm moonlighting as a comedy magician ventriloquist because I like to entertain and I like to make people laugh. Magic gives me the opportunity to put a little mystery into a person's life, while ventriloquism allows me to put life into perspective from either a serious or humorous viewpoint. I'm never going to get rich (I'm happy to break even each season) and I'm not going to become a heartthrob. But I am going to make friends and entertain people. If you're saying to yourself, "I'm going to do this to make money or meet women," you're going to be disappointed in both regards in the long run... unless you're one of the rare, rare few. Sit back, decide whether this is really for you and then carry on. I wish you luck.

crazy chris
crazy chris

April 27th, 2012, 5:22 pm #2

hahaha ... I assumed Rog was being humorous... although Terry Fator may have set a new standard...lol

cc

Neale Bacon
Neale Bacon

April 27th, 2012, 10:19 pm #3

Sorry to rain on this parade of comment, but if you're getting into vent just to make money or meet girls, you're going into the wrong field. I'm moonlighting as a comedy magician ventriloquist because I like to entertain and I like to make people laugh. Magic gives me the opportunity to put a little mystery into a person's life, while ventriloquism allows me to put life into perspective from either a serious or humorous viewpoint. I'm never going to get rich (I'm happy to break even each season) and I'm not going to become a heartthrob. But I am going to make friends and entertain people. If you're saying to yourself, "I'm going to do this to make money or meet women," you're going to be disappointed in both regards in the long run... unless you're one of the rare, rare few. Sit back, decide whether this is really for you and then carry on. I wish you luck.
I don't want to be the next Jeff. I have even discussed this with him. He agreed that if I am happy being the best regional performer I can be, then go for it.

I too got in vent to make people laugh. My personal goal is to offset some the negative entertainment out there and offer good clean comedy for all ages.

I have my wife (30 years now) so don't need to meet any girls.

Will I ever be rich? Probably not, but I love what I do. That being said, I do expect to be able to earn a good living out of this, so yes to a degree I do perform for the money. I am a full time professional entertainer and proud of it.

With what some families or event bookers offer at time, however, they seem to think it is still the 1950's, but that's a subject for another thread.

April 28th, 2012, 2:31 am #4

I was trying to be funny.

Thanks
Rog

I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I know that fully well.
Ps. 139 [NIV]