USHL Futures Draft

USHL Futures Draft

Interested
Interested

April 27th, 2012, 3:37 am #1

For those who want to follow on line what time does the draft start on May 1?

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 1st, 2012, 11:41 pm #2

Draft is underway. You can check out the "live" broadcast on the USHL's website, but it's a joke.

anon
anon

May 2nd, 2012, 1:41 am #3

At the end they usually show a breakdown of the players home state. Always interesting.

Futures Drafted
Futures Drafted

May 2nd, 2012, 4:18 am #4

Ok, help fill in the blanks.

IL players:
Malone Tendured
Belpedio USA

Draft:
Baughman first D taken
Dvorak 5th forward taken
Nardella 3rd D taken
Tischke
Booth
Dodero
Kauppila
Lekkas 2nd goalie taken
Wagner
Kalter
Forfar
Quagliata

Missing anyone?

May 2nd, 2012, 5:36 am #5

A lot!!!

But the ones you are missing should be in front. Not behind!

But hey, it's a futures draft.

When my broker said he knew the future, I lost a lot of money!

May 2nd, 2012, 5:39 am #6

May 2nd, 2012, 1:21 pm #7

Ok, help fill in the blanks.

IL players:
Malone Tendured
Belpedio USA

Draft:
Baughman first D taken
Dvorak 5th forward taken
Nardella 3rd D taken
Tischke
Booth
Dodero
Kauppila
Lekkas 2nd goalie taken
Wagner
Kalter
Forfar
Quagliata

Missing anyone?
Who you know or how much money you have. There is no way that every kid in the family is a Tier 1 caliber player. Sorry, don't believe it for a minute.

I look at this list and see the same last names every couple years. BS

anon
anon

May 2nd, 2012, 2:38 pm #8

At the USHL level the guys making the choices are getting paid by the owners. Not the parents of the players on the team. Actually this may well be the first real true yardstick of how good a group of knowledgeable hockey people think a player WILL be. Only a very small percentage will see full time action this year. A few more will be called up to play in a few games.

In the Entry draft coming up you will see players being chosen that the coaches believe will impact the performance of the team this year and next.

Who?
Who?

May 2nd, 2012, 11:21 pm #9

Guest at 10:36 - Who am I missing? What do you mean a lot? This is not some bitch fest by you and about your son or some kid you don't like.

It is a factual list (unless a name is missed) of 96 players drafted or tendered by a real life USHL team. It is simpy that whether you wish them all the best or the worst.

Anyone missing from that list beside A. Lott? I think he is an undersized forward with good speed and quick hands.

Congrats
Congrats

May 11th, 2012, 12:54 am #10

Congrats to the kids selected in the Futures Draft. It is the first time besides USA camps that the national scene has had a chance to put their money where their mouth is. Those players chosen earned it. There are also other IL kids that will go in the entry draft this year and upcoming years. Good luck in the future.