Falcons 01 & 02 AAA Doomed

Falcons 01 & 02 AAA Doomed

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 7th, 2012, 2:36 pm #1

The word on the street is several 01 and 02 are leaving for TI, Mission and CYA. After a long year at 01 crushing teams and a lack of development compared to the AAA kids I understand why. One week of parents not getting any sleep, working the phones, plotting, broken promises, back stabing... this is a new pilot for CBS called " Falcon Koolaid "

ANON
ANON

May 7th, 2012, 3:22 pm #2

Who's going where?

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 7th, 2012, 4:02 pm #3

The word on the street is several 01 and 02 are leaving for TI, Mission and CYA. After a long year at 01 crushing teams and a lack of development compared to the AAA kids I understand why. One week of parents not getting any sleep, working the phones, plotting, broken promises, back stabing... this is a new pilot for CBS called " Falcon Koolaid "
You mention "lack of development," if true why the open arms by all these stellar AAA programs? Please enlighten me.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 7th, 2012, 4:30 pm #4

Very simply the teams did well but the players in comparison to that of AAA players that were selected did not improve anywhere close to that. Kids that played AAA grew leaps and bounds in development. The AA/AAA teams however individually did not develop.They did have success just not at the highest possible level. There is a big difference when you play AAA. All players have no choice but to develop and can't ride the coat tails of 3 or 4 players. AAA has open arms for those 3 or 4 players. The players that are not selected should be happy for them because now they get to become the AA ball carrier so to speak. The funny thing is that if the 5 through 10 player gets a AAA spot they may pass up the Top 4 player that stays behind. In a nutshell AAA isn't for everybody but don't try to hold kids back so little Johnny doesn't have to carry the ball. Time for your player to step up!

Confused
Confused

May 7th, 2012, 6:33 pm #5

You say it is time to "step up. ". According to MHR, Falcons 01 finished as the #4 ranked AAA team in the country vs. #12, #13, #28 and #38 for the other 4 AAA clubs. That looks more like a step down than a "step up" to me. Maybe you can make sense of that data, might be hard though, but I am sure you will find a way to spin it!

jester
jester

May 7th, 2012, 6:48 pm #6

The 2001's were a very good AAA team. I think all that the guy is saying is the real good players on the Falcons team won't be playing 20 games were they beat the other team by 10+ goals. Good luck to them all. They will make the AAA teams they go to better and will be challenged a lot more over the course of a season.

unconfused
unconfused

May 7th, 2012, 7:00 pm #7

If you dig deeper into MHR's rankings you will see that when the falcons played a league game and beat them by a large differential it inflated their rankings. For example playing against an opponent with a rating of 12 and beating them by 7 goals give the falcons 19 points for that game. However, when playing against a AAA club with a rating of 14 and beating them by 1 gives them 15 points. Therefore, not wanting to take anything away from the Falcons, playing almost half their games against tier II rivals and beating them by large margins artificially increased their rating. I am not saying they not would not have a good season, but playing an entire season vs. AAA caliber teams the likes of CYS, Mission, LC North, might have yielded a different year end ranking.

Doogie
Doogie

May 7th, 2012, 7:12 pm #8

I think they only played Fury and Mission last year...They were all close games. They lost every time or may have beat the Mission once. They and beat the Fury twice by 3 goals. I saw one Fury game and the Mission games. The Fury was only ranked around 35. As such, the rankings are only a statistical gage with some inherent issues... Falcons were a very good AAA team, but I think some of the kids will benefit from playing AAA hockey all the time. As such, these talented kids will be pushed 90% of the time and not 20% of the time.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 7th, 2012, 8:37 pm #9

Why is your peewee 1 team playing in second division? I thought the Falcons were above that?

LOLOLOLOL
LOLOLOLOL

May 7th, 2012, 10:43 pm #10

No one from the falcons really goes anywhere - LAME CLUB - EVEN LOOK AT THE COACHING BIO's ARE U SHITTIN ME? LOL The one midget coach can barely climb a flight of stairs.

SUCH A JOKE