OMHA Championships

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 23rd, 2009, 5:18 am #21

Peterborough have a nice schedule - not too early - not too late - just right - for the host team!
Absolutely a great battle. Both teams played unbeleivable and had chances to win. Oakville pulled it off in the 2nd OT. Both games between the two teams were great to watch. North Central played a great tourney as well. Peterborough showed true Peterborough colours the whole tourney and fittingly came up empty.

The minor atom final was great as well. Very entertaining watching the little guys battle won by Peterborough!

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 31st, 2009, 2:34 pm #22

Peterborough have a nice schedule - not too early - not too late - just right - for the host team!
Agreed

Little Green Sprout
Little Green Sprout

April 1st, 2009, 3:18 pm #23

No excuse for the Highlanders lack of disciple, but the reffing was worse than I have ever seen. I am not involed with either team, but I was outraged at what I saw. 5 on 3's for no reason. A total of 5 of them. Objectively speaking, I though Peterborough should have the had a few more penalties than Grey-Bruce given the way the game was played.

The ref for the game is notoriuously bad, but he sunk to an all-time low. Please OMHA do not let that guy continue as a ref, ever.

The parade of penalties for Grey-Bruce started just after they had a 2-0 lead. I have never thought that a ref has ever tried to fix a game, but for that game, I'm not so sure.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 1st, 2009, 6:19 pm #24

Looks good on grey brue for cheating to get there. Live by the sword die by it. o wins in 4 games and its the ref fault? hmmmmm!

Little Green Sprout
Little Green Sprout

April 1st, 2009, 8:15 pm #25

To state more clearly for the previous poster's benefit

-Grey-Brue cheating, I have no knowledge or comment about that

-0 and 4 and its the refs fault. That is clearly not what I said. 0 and 3 because they weren't quite good enough may be true. They were 0 and 1 against Peterborough, and undiscipled in that game, and the reffing was abysmal and one-sided.

Overall the refereeing that I saw in the tournament was absolutely first rate. The Kingston crew that did the finals showed how a midget game should be reffed; they helped make that gold medal game a beauty.

The game between Peterborough and Grey-Bruce, OMHA please take note, . . . . , need I say more.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 4th, 2009, 9:43 pm #26

Its what I said "they cheated" and the omha should look at that and be ashamed.

Go Oakville