Tim's builds

Greenshirt
Godzilla

January 3rd, 2016, 4:30 pm #1

I set out to complete another dozen beyond these, but then again 2 of these were add-ons, not planned to even start them. I do have another 4 that are almost there, but instead of stressing through my holiday break to get them done, I'll wait and finish them in course for 2016.

Ancient Revell A6M5 Zero -- OOB

Nearly as old Revell F4F-4 -- OOB

Hawk Spirit of St Louis -- Testors reissue -- OOB

ESCI Fokker D.VII - added lozenge decals for the underside

ABC/Tamiya Spitfire IV - Griffon prototype DP845 - The ABC kit of the Mk XII is a REALLY BAD kit so the only salvation was mating it to a spare Tamiya Mk I wing and making a Mk IV. If I find a good prop, I'll replace it as it's the biggest weakness of the finished model.

Revell P-26A Peashooter - Starfighter cockpit and engine plus AM decals. My photography isn't doing it justice as this came out quite nice. All the resin really tarted this one up.

MPM Spitfire XVIII - The basic shape is okay but not great, but the details took way to long to source and put on. Decals are from my AZModel XVIII kit.

For completeness, I also finished an AMT P-40 as a whiff racer; NB this was part of a group build (build the same kit)

And an old Lindberg LCI (1/150th scale-ish) for a veteran -- my favorite of the year. Story here.

Those last two were my add-ons.

Tim
Tim Holland

I'm a "green shirt" because I work on the carrier's flight deck and maintain US Navy aircraft. Safe sorties are my life so we can be anywhere, anytime -- from the Sea.

http://greenshirt-modeler.blogspot.com/

dknights
Godzilla

January 4th, 2016, 1:39 am #2

Nice production. Nice models. I admire your willingness to take on older kits.
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

14 Finished: Special Armor V-2, Airfix P-51
15 Finished: SBS Gladiator engine
16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41, PLAN Type 039A (not 72nd scale)
18 Finished: Tamiya A6M2
The bench:Platz T-33, Trump. T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40

Big Kohona
Godzilla

January 4th, 2016, 6:08 pm #3

. .