Moderator: renscho

ThePlasticSurgeon's 2011 models

Joined: October 22nd, 2010, 10:01 pm

December 30th, 2011, 12:32 pm #1

Hoping for a better 2012!

Quick start to the year with this Airfix Lysander.



And things really slowed down with this Academy B-17F - converted to a YB-40.

but well worth the effort.

Next the Airfix Vertol

for the CBK boxart display


Then a Hasegawa A-6E Intruder in desert camo


Next something that's not an aircraft - but would be a welcome sight for downed aircrews! Yes the Airfix rescue launch


Followed by my rendition of the recently restored MeteorT7 - courtesy of Xtrakit


and my Airfix B26 Marauder - with weathered stripes


Nearly there with this post war TBM3 Avenger by Airfix.


And right down to the wire with this Academy TBF-1 Avenger.



Also, I repainted this Academy Corsair:


With leftover Airfix decals for a Goodwood aircraft
Quote
Like
Share

Seahawk
Beast
Joined: October 14th, 2010, 2:44 pm

December 30th, 2011, 2:09 pm #2

theplasticsurgeon,Dec 30 2011 wrote: Hoping for a better 2012!
You need to stop playing around with those pointy sticks, my boy.
Quote
Like
Share

Bish
Beast
Bish
Beast
Joined: August 6th, 2011, 8:43 pm

December 30th, 2011, 10:11 pm #3

Some great work there, nice conversion on the 17.

I saw that meteor earlier this year when it came to RAF Odiham to get its paint job. Unfortuantly i didn't see it leave so haven't seen it in its finalcolours. I did get some nice piccies of it pre paint though.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 22nd, 2010, 10:01 pm

December 27th, 2012, 4:53 pm #4

Seahawk,Dec 30 2011 wrote: You need to stop playing around with those pointy sticks, my boy.
Gained my Level 1 Archery Coaching certificate by playing with those pointy sticks
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 22nd, 2010, 10:01 pm

December 27th, 2012, 4:56 pm #5

Bish,Dec 30 2011 wrote: Some great work there, nice conversion on the 17.

I saw that meteor earlier this year when it came to RAF Odiham to get its paint job. Unfortuantly i didn't see it leave so haven't seen it in its finalcolours. I did get some nice piccies of it pre paint though.
Not really what I'd call a conversion - more a different scheme.

The father of one of my colleagues worked on the restoration - and asked me to make it for him.
Quote
Like
Share

Seahawk
Beast
Joined: October 14th, 2010, 2:44 pm

December 27th, 2012, 5:32 pm #6

theplasticsurgeon,Dec 27 2012 wrote: Gained my Level 1 Archery Coaching certificate by playing with those pointy sticks
Hmm, must remember not to walk around the place with an apple on top of my head.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 22nd, 2010, 10:01 pm

November 9th, 2013, 9:57 pm #7

Seahawk,Dec 27 2012 wrote:Hmm, must remember not to walk around the place with an apple on top of my head.
Ha - you're thinking of that William Tell bloke with his crossbow.

For my recurve you need to think more King Harold.
Quote
Like
Share