Moderator: renscho

Photo issues

renscho
Godzilla
renscho
Godzilla

October 5th, 2010, 12:22 am #1

We seem to have a couple occasions when posted images show up here only intermittently... well, darn near never for some.

I have a couple ideas about what the problem is, but I'm still investigating to see if I can pin it down.

How many of you use a photo hosting site provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

I'm wondering, cued by personal experience, if that may have something to do with it. Sometimes third party hosting sites used by the ISP have unusual address codes due to the "relay" nature of the photo provision. InvisionFree trouble shooting fora indicate that some address coding "irritates" the linking of photos.

At any rate, I'm coming to the conclusion that the photo hosting site may be part of the condition.

Further, if anyone is having a problem with large photos posted here running off the right side of the screen and taking the text with them (like I do sometimes), what is the resolution of your monitor set at? Mine is not at maximum, so that issue comes up for me.

I could impose a limit on photo sizes which would solve the problem in a direct way, but I was allowing for those who like large images and have their monitor resolution set accordingly...

I have found I can reduce or enlarge the screen image usefully by pressing and holding the "Ctrl" button and using the mouse scroll wheel. I believe "Ctrl and + or-" will do the same thing incrementally... Those with small monitors will find the text getting small, so those posting, keep that in mind. A good rule of thumb is to have your posted photos no larger than 800 pixels on the longest side. I usually reduce the image to 72dpi as well.

Thanks!
RR
Robert E. Rensch

Harold K
Godzilla

October 16th, 2010, 1:55 pm #2

Cheers Robert.
I don't post photos so I hadn't read this before :rolleyes:
But I opened it because I'm having the problem of large images spilling over on the right, which you mention. Thanks for the suggestions on that.
Box-shaker; hater of all things resin and photoetched.
Not very pleased with Tapatalk!

FRED BRANYAN

January 14th, 2018, 4:31 am #3

Hello

I just joined this month.

A few quick questions.

Can I post photos of a 1/48 A20G in progress for the family of the top turret gunner in Europe? I have a stash of both 1/72 and 1/48 WWII planes.

Can someone please direct me to instructions on how to upload photos and a brief commentary to this site? I do ships on Modelwarships.com but I do not know if you folks have a similar procedure here.

I salute the superior workmanship visible on several models here I have seen photos of.

peebeep
Godzilla
peebeep
Godzilla

January 14th, 2018, 5:34 pm #4

I have some code inserted into the L & C and RevellAtions themes CSS that automatically resizes any image to maximum 1200 px width if the image is larger than that. Originally it was set to 800 px, but that was before people started using widescreen format monitors as a matter of course. If you want to use it the code is:

}.c_post img,#topic_review img { max-width:1200px;

It might be argued that this results in poor resolution, but for most purposes an image at 1200x800 should be perfectly satisfactory, in fact there's no real reason to post images at a higher resolution than this. Another benefit is that loading should be quicker.
www.locate-and-cement.com
Locate and Cement website
RevellAtions

Bring me my chariot of fire
Paul Brown, Chelmsford, UK

dogsbody
Beast

January 14th, 2018, 8:20 pm #5

You have to use a image hosting site, like Flickr, Imgur or some other such site. There is no facility here to post pictures.

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

dknights
Godzilla

January 15th, 2018, 1:58 am #6

I use Wordpress or Facebook. I don't seem to have posting problems. I post photos at a maximum of 900 pixels width.
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

14 Finished: Special Armor V-2, Airfix P-51
15 Finished: SBS Gladiator engine
16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41, PLAN Type 039A (not 72nd scale)
18 Finished: Tamiya A6M2
The bench:Platz T-33, Trump. T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40