David's pitiful 2015

dknights
Godzilla
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 7:07 pm

December 27th, 2015, 12:00 am #1

Well, 2015 was tough. Job changes, kids growing and participating in sports, household projects, etc. A bunch of stuff got close, but my only finished model for 2015 is the SBS resin Gladiator engine. I have to say, this is an amazing resin "kit" It is almost a shame to hide it in a kit.








David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

14 Finished: Special Armor V-2, Airfix P-51
15 Finished: SBS Gladiator engine
16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41, PLAN Type 039A (not 72nd scale)
18 Finished: Tamiya A6M2
The bench:Platz T-33, Trump. T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40
Quote
Like
Share

airjiml2
Beast
Joined: October 8th, 2010, 11:51 am

December 27th, 2015, 6:06 am #2

Sorry David, the forum already voted. This is a finished engine not a model. Unless you have finished a Gladiator or Blenheim to hang it on, zero for the year, you are!

Jim
Quote
Like
Share

Mark Schynert
Godzilla
Joined: September 27th, 2010, 4:42 am

December 27th, 2015, 9:08 am #3

We are a cruel and unforgiving bunch :lol:

It looks pretty cool, all put together. I might even pick up one. I'll be sure to stuff it in a completed Gladiator, though B)
Quote
Like
Share

keefr22
Godzilla
keefr22
Godzilla
Joined: October 24th, 2010, 8:48 pm

December 27th, 2015, 11:36 am #4

It may only be an engine, but it's finished. Which is one more thing finished than I did this year....

And it looks great! ^_^
Keith Ryder
Swansea UK

'A plan is vital, but is never more than a basis for change'
Quote
Like
Share

stimpy
Godzilla
stimpy
Godzilla
Joined: July 17th, 2012, 1:12 pm

January 2nd, 2016, 5:12 pm #5

Oh lets be honest here.... we are being too subjective, we must remain objective, this is a 1/72 engine assembly that could sit in a diorama as a finished piece.

It could be added to the ground craft section - and who, btw decided that ground craft should be included in 72nd Scale Aircraft?..... keep the armor boys and girls outta here! I don't want to see tanks..... unless it's part of a diorama with an anti-tank bomber/fighter flying over it.

So, I put forth builds this year 0.5

^_^
No more plastic
Quote
Like
Share

llordlloyd
Hero
Joined: January 16th, 2011, 10:52 am

January 3rd, 2016, 12:05 pm #6

Ironically, I managed a few finished model builds this year (post pending...) but my 1985 BMW 323i remained off the road for the entire 12 months after a blown head gasket.... and I worked really hard on it during December...
Quote
Like
Share

dknights
Godzilla
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 7:07 pm

January 4th, 2016, 1:10 am #7

llordlloyd,Jan 3 2016 wrote: Ironically, I managed a few finished model builds this year (post pending...) but my 1985 BMW 323i remained off the road for the entire 12 months after a blown head gasket.... and I worked really hard on it during December...
Blown head gasket is a pain in the a$$.

On the other hand, it is a great name for a band! :D
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

14 Finished: Special Armor V-2, Airfix P-51
15 Finished: SBS Gladiator engine
16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41, PLAN Type 039A (not 72nd scale)
18 Finished: Tamiya A6M2
The bench:Platz T-33, Trump. T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40
Quote
Like
Share

keefr22
Godzilla
keefr22
Godzilla
Joined: October 24th, 2010, 8:48 pm

January 4th, 2016, 10:59 pm #8

dknights,Jan 4 2016 wrote: Blown head gasket is a pain in the a$$.

On the other hand, it is a great name for a band! :D
Depends on the car. I blew one on the way to work in my Mk2 Ford Escort rally car some 30 odd years ago. Nice simple 4 cylinder 1600 cc crossflow engine (tuned to over 160bhp though, not far off a new 911 at that time!) Was about 10 miles in to my 25 mile commute. Turned round, limped back to a local Ford dealer on the way home to buy a new gasket set. Had the carbs, exhaust manifold & head off in less than an hour, checked the block hadn't warped after scraping the old gasket off, luckily it was fine. New gasket & all bits back on in another hour. Cup of tea & a shower & I was in work by lunchtime!

Don't think I'd even consider changing one on our current Focus though...

And I do agree about the band name!!

Keith Ryder
Swansea UK

'A plan is vital, but is never more than a basis for change'
Quote
Like
Share

dknights
Godzilla
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 7:07 pm

January 5th, 2016, 3:37 am #9

keefr22,Jan 4 2016 wrote:
dknights,Jan 4 2016 wrote: Blown head gasket is a pain in the a$$.

On the other hand, it is a great name for a band! :D
Depends on the car. I blew one on the way to work in my Mk2 Ford Escort rally car some 30 odd years ago. Nice simple 4 cylinder 1600 cc crossflow engine (tuned to over 160bhp though, not far off a new 911 at that time!) Was about 10 miles in to my 25 mile commute. Turned round, limped back to a local Ford dealer on the way home to buy a new gasket set. Had the carbs, exhaust manifold & head off in less than an hour, checked the block hadn't warped after scraping the old gasket off, luckily it was fine. New gasket & all bits back on in another hour. Cup of tea & a shower & I was in work by lunchtime!

Don't think I'd even consider changing one on our current Focus though...

And I do agree about the band name!!
I like working on cars, and do some work on our minivans, but I also have a 94 Supra twin turbo, and wouldn't consider doing anything on it myself.
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

14 Finished: Special Armor V-2, Airfix P-51
15 Finished: SBS Gladiator engine
16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41, PLAN Type 039A (not 72nd scale)
18 Finished: Tamiya A6M2
The bench:Platz T-33, Trump. T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40
Quote
Like
Share