Moderator: renscho

Dassault Super Mystère B2

Gilles_53
Advanced Member
Gilles_53
Advanced Member

March 27th, 2018, 10:43 am #1

Well I was not able to find the original post (if there ever was one !). Frrom will release at least one box of the Dassault Super Mystère B2 in french colours (and Special Hobby will release some boxes of the Israelis and Hondurian versions)

We have no box art yet, but you may have a look at the test shots, below. Special Hobby is going to closely check them. We are working on the three camouflages schemes (probably one blue lightning, one red and the third plane in full french camouflage). 3D views are also included below.

larrygre
Hero

April 9th, 2018, 8:44 pm #2

From all the posts showing sprue shots and 3D drawings, one thing is painfully missing from this kit: underwing tanks and pylons. The same problem that plagued the otherwise very nice Azur/FRROM Mystere IVA kit. Very few times have I seen Israeli SMB2s (or the P&W engined Sa'ar variant) clean-winged. I hope Special Hobby won't forget the pylons and drop tanks.

Cheers,

Larry

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." -- attributed to Dave Barry

Gilles_53
Advanced Member
Gilles_53
Advanced Member

April 10th, 2018, 8:18 pm #3

We are aiming at Telford for the release of the first box (november 2018). You have the box art below (SM B2 over Bangkok). We plan to have the weapons / tanks in the kits, we will keep you informed anyway.

Gilles_53
Advanced Member
Gilles_53
Advanced Member

April 17th, 2018, 5:23 am #4

Slightly modified box art (Super Mystère B2 Nr 110 of 01/10 Valois over Bangkok, February 1961, OTASE cruise.