Moderator: renscho

Ardpol's Resin Hannover CL.V

stimpy
Godzilla
stimpy
Godzilla

August 1st, 2018, 3:18 am #1

This rather nice resin kit has just been started as I wanted to have a go at doing a 5 lozenge full wooden fuselage WWI plane. The resin is for the most part without defects; the main area is the bottom seam on the fuselage, and the upper nose profile is messy where it butts up the radiator - and that is something I didn't notice to be as bad as it is until I took the photo..... argh, and now it's painted.

The insides are adequately provided for though I made bets out off strips of cotton band aides (plasters for you Brits).

The nose that needs sorting, doesn't look anything like as bad as this in real life. That's gonna mess up the paint work.

Lower surfaces RLM65, the ribs will be masked and a lighter 65 sprayed next.

No more plastic

stimpy
Godzilla
stimpy
Godzilla

August 11th, 2018, 2:40 am #2

Her she is, with lozenge and decals.... now for the tricky part, as I've never made a resin biplane, I'm a little nervous about the fragility of working on the wing/strut assembly.

No more plastic

Petri
Hero

August 11th, 2018, 7:54 am #3

Looks great! Really like the wood-effect on the fuselage 👍

dknights
Godzilla

August 14th, 2018, 5:35 pm #4

Petri wrote: Looks great! Really like the wood-effect on the fuselage 👍
I agree.  That is very attractive wood grain effect.
David M. Knights
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

14 Finished: Special Armor V-2, Airfix P-51
15 Finished: SBS Gladiator engine
16 Finished: Brengun C2 Wasserfall, Merit SS-N-2 Styx, World's smallest diorama, Airfix Hurricane.
17 Finished: Japanese Carrier Deck, Belcher SS-4, Italeri AB41, PLAN Type 039A (not 72nd scale)
18 Finished: Tamiya A6M2
The bench:Platz T-33, Trump. T-34/85, Meng F-106, Airfix P-51 #2, Airfix P-40