Week 15 Live Thread

December 13th, 2012, 11:08 am #1

With only 3 weeks of the regular season left the play-off picture gets clearer every week. Here are your TV games:

Thursday 13th December - Sky Sports - 1am
:CIN: @ :PHI:
The Bengals slipped up at home to the Cowboys in week 14 but thanks to Baltimore and Pittsburgh losses it didn't hurt them too much. They have the opportunity to put pressure on the Steelers and Ravens with a Thursday night win versus the Eagles. Philadelphia led by rookie QB Nick Foles showed they still have some fight left in them with a last gasp win at Tampa; a strong finish to the season will save some people's jobs but probably not Andy Reid's.

Sunday 16th Decemeber - Sky Sports - 6pm
:GB: @ :CHI:
The Bears and Packers, this is what end of season games should feel like in the NFL. Green Bay have moved to the top of the NFC North thanks to back to back wins versus their divisional opponents and will clinch the division with a win. Chicago are on a 2 game losing streak and key injuries on both sides of the ball are racking up. They need a win to hold off the Skins, Vikes and Cowboys for a wild card spot.

Sky Sports - 9pm
:PIT: @ :DAL:
Sky have picked some beauties this week. An inter-conferance match up that sees both teams desperate for the win to keep their wild card and outside division winners hopes alive. Dallas won an emotional game in week 14 as highlighted earlier and are needing other games to go their way in order to make the post-season; can Romo keep his game together in December?
The Steelers were shocked by the talented under-performers from San Diego; is their defense too old to keep going for a whole season and no doubt it will be down to Big Ben to win the game. With the Bengals coming up next this is a must win game to get some momentum for the final push.

Channel 4 - 1am
:SF: @ :NE:
The Patriots have already won the AFC East but are now hoping for a bye week and home field advantage through-out the play-offs. Tom Brady is in fine form and will be tested again this week against another elite defense. Do the 49ers have the personnel to cover all the Pats receivers?
The 49ers have Seattle breathing down their necks for the NFC West title but can clinch a play-off spot with a win. This team isn't without controversy as Jim Harbaugh continues to stick with dual threat QB Colin Kapernick. Winning close games with help from the defense is one thing but keeping up with Brady might prove a stretch too far for the 49ers.

Monday 17th December - BBC Red Button/ Iplayer -12:20am
:NYJ: @ :TEN:
This weeks Monday Night Prime-time game is the Je (hold on a minute).. yes it is the Jets versus (WTF this can't be right).... holy sh!t! In week 15 with play-off implications all over the place; the NFL and ESPN bring you the New York Jets versus the Tennesse Titans on MNF :nono: :rofl:
Ok so the Jets can still make the play-offs but they won't so who cares; yeah Sanchez sucks, Tebow is back-up, McIllroy wins games but is inactive blah, blah. The Titans are the same old Titans and its another December of "maybe next year we will be good".

December 13th, 2012, 11:24 am #2

Least we don't have to put up with Mark Chapman on Monday night, the man knows nothing!! almost makes Joe Buck look good

Agree that the game choices are cracking this weekend, should just get an hours power nap in before the Pats game is on.

Bengals, Packers, Cowboys and Pats for me this weekend

December 13th, 2012, 11:25 am #3

Ouch!

But, true write up.

On behalf of every NFL fan in the UK, I apologise for ruining an excellent slate of games Thursday through SNF,

:chair:

December 13th, 2012, 11:40 am #4

Sorry Oli, I was just giving the game my honest assessment.
You would think with the NFL's ability to move games at the end of the year you would have thought this was an ideal game to move. Maybe the issue is they can't swap MNF games; which then begs the question with Denver @ Baltimore, Steelers @ Cowboys, Giants @ Falcons, Packers @ Bears, 49ers @ Patriots.... why the hell did someone think the Jets and Titans would be a critical match-up.
Last edited by Ravens_Defense_DOW on December 13th, 2012, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 13th, 2012, 1:28 pm #5

At least Mark Chapman isn't offensive to look at like Darren Fletcher. It's like I'm looking at a concave TV screen. Lay off the pies man.
And no Ravens, MNF can't be flexed. Annoyingly.
Last edited by woodster17 on December 13th, 2012, 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

December 13th, 2012, 1:43 pm #6

woodster17 wrote:And no Ravens, MNF can't be flexed. Annoyingly.
That makes sense so my frustration is someone in the NFL and ESPN actually thought these 2 would actually have something worth playing for at this point.

I understand its not always easy to predict who is going to be good but surely MNF towards the end of the year would want solid play-off contenders - Packers versus Bears sticks out a mile from this list!

KTS

December 13th, 2012, 2:12 pm #7

Atleast the :SF: won't give up the game plus. Offensively they can keep the ball away from the Patriots.

December 13th, 2012, 2:24 pm #8

Not sure this week at all

Under normal circumstances I would sit RGIII and tell him to take a rest.

But we lose I fear we are out of the running so I am more than happy not have to make the choice.

This is your typical game the Redskins lose, in that it is one we should win after playing hard and winning 4 on the trot. But history tells me to be very wary.

December 13th, 2012, 3:30 pm #9

2 billion dollars and you get stuck with Jets@Titans.... Personally I see it as the NFL punishing them for Gruden.

December 13th, 2012, 3:33 pm #10

Fellas, they're obviously just being kind to our resident tits fan in that the game will be on for him to watch over his breakfast instead of at silly o' clock