Ultimate Dynasty League

August 26th, 2011, 4:22 pm #1

Right lads~

I don't know if you're game and all fantasied out. But, I am very much game for one big ass last league. A true dynasty. Kind of like if you start a Madden franchise with a fantasy draft, you draft a whole team, and they are yours to do with as you please. No keeper limits or rules. Just have to adhere to the roster size.

Any players not kept on rosters, along with players in the FA pool, and incoming rookies, will enter a free agency draft. So, if you want a shot with anyone in this pool of players, you'd have to make sure you have the roster space.

As for the roster breakdown, it will be provisionally like this (max on roster in brackets):

QB 1 (3)
RB 2 (6)
WR 2 (6)
TE 1 (3)
Flex RB/WR/TE 2 (N/A)
DT 2 (5)
DE 2 (5)
LB 3 (6)
CB 2 (5)
S 2 (5)
K 1 (3)
P 1 (3)
Head Coach 1 (3)
Bench 18
IR Slots 4
Total: 22 starters, 40 squad

(yes, there is a punter and head coach!! :lol:)

Scoring is standard ESPN scoring, for offense. But, for the others:
IDP: 1 sack = 3 points, solo tackle = 0.7 points, assist tackle = 0.3, Defense TD = 6, Interception = 3, Forced Fumble = 2, Fumble Recovery = 2, Safety = 4.
Head Coach: Winning margin: 25+ = 10, 20 - 24 = 8, 15 - 19 = 6, 10 - 14 = 4, 5 - 9 = 2, 1 - 4 = 1. Losing margin: the same as before, just negative of the same margin.
Punter: Punts inside the 20 = 1.5, punts inside the 10 = 3, blocked punts = -4, punt averages: 44+ = 3, 42 - 43.9 = 2, 40 - 41.9 = 1, 38 - 39.9 = 0, 36 - 37.9 = -1, 34 - 35.9 = -2, 33.9 or less = -3.

Going to have it as a small league, with either 8 (or maybe 10) teams~ as the rosters will be big, but want competitive teams and a competitive league. Also, with that in mind, I'm thinking of a £5 annual buy-in (or maybe £10). With winner taking 80% and runner up 20%. Going to have two divisions, of either 4 or 5, with 4 players going to the playoffs. 2 division winners (#1 and #2 seeds) and 2 best runners up (#3 and #4 seeds). Going to have the regular season being played Weeks 1 and 14, with playoffs Week 15 and 16 (Week 17 being an unused week~ as don't want the Championship being decided by teams resting their players IRL). For the regular season, each team will play everyone home and on the road games, all home teams will receive an extra 4 points on their weekly score (this continues into the playoffs, so an incentive and reward for homefield advantage).

For player acquisitions during the season, we will use free agent auction. With two days of player acquisitions during each week, Thursday and Sunday, at 11 AM ET (4PM). Both in time for TNF games, and the Sunday/MNF games. Each franchise will be allotted $250 budget per season. Trades are like normal, and the deadline will be November 16th. Trades during offseason are completely above board too (both players and picks). Even if the league isn't activated, we can keep up to date through here. There is a league veto of 50%. The draft itself will be live, sometime next week, at a time that all franchises agree on. As we would need all franchises to be present and correct for it to work best. Currently scheduled for Wednesday 31st at 7PM (UK time). Will do a random order just before the draft kicks off.

----

So, who is game?! Sign up below B) And PM me your e-mail. First 8 (or 10 at a push!) get the spots~

Also, when you sign up~ say if you would be adverse to a £10 buy in~ as I am leaning more towards that.

Cheers,
Oli

P.S. It's ran with ESPN~ to keep in tow with the other leagues and make it easy to keep up to date with it B)
Last edited by Oli By on July 26th, 2012, 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 26th, 2011, 4:52 pm #2

I'd be game. Am I right in saying every player is kept every season unless dropped by the owner?

August 26th, 2011, 5:02 pm #3

I'd definitely be interested in joining. Love the sound of this, think I'd probably prefer £5 per season but if it's £10 then I'm fine by that as well.

August 26th, 2011, 5:06 pm #4

I'll have a crack at it Oli :)

August 26th, 2011, 5:09 pm #5

If Xorbi signs up would we be as well just giving him the money now?

August 26th, 2011, 6:25 pm #6

I'm in and will say my mate Luke (Fellow Tits fan who is a registered reader/stalker of the forum but yet to post) will be in too. £10 fine by me.

August 26th, 2011, 6:36 pm #7

SuperLego5 wrote: I'd be game. Am I right in saying every player is kept every season unless dropped by the owner?
Affirmative B) But, if you want any of the new rookies (or anyone else who may be in the draft pool) you'd have to drop a player or two or however many! Also, if say person A keeps 35 out of 40, B keeps 36 out of 40, and C keeps 37 out of 40. The "first round" of the draft would be Team A (with B and C having the round for keepers), then "second round" would be Team A and B drafting~ order determined on previous years' record (with C having the round for a keeper), and the "third round" everyone would be drafting~ again, based on previous seasons' record. Understand?! :blink:

So, we've got:

1. Me
2. M@
3. Powder
4. Tom
5. Lego (get me your e-mail)
6. Jimmy (e-mail me Jimmy)
7. JJ (e-mail me mate)
8. Luke (provisional)

Space for 1, maybe 2 more (for the 9th and 10th~ sign up and I will discuss with the initial 8 to see what they think! Also, if anyone doesn't pay up in time, you will be on first reserve).

Also, thinking money-wise. We'll start it at a fiver~ then, next year we can review see what people want. But, still keep the 80%/20% breakdown. Also, if you don't pay in time, you're out! B)

But, people send me you're e-mail address, I'll give you an invite, and I'll pass on my bank details to pay in the money

:rock:
Last edited by Oli By on August 26th, 2011, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 26th, 2011, 6:43 pm #8

Ah yeah, sounds good (I haven't even read all of the above...!)

Now I have, what does league veto of 50% mean? Is tat on trades if 50% of the league disagrees?

I'm liking the sound of this a lot... will PM you now :)
Last edited by JJ_Irl on August 26th, 2011, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 26th, 2011, 6:48 pm #9

this sounds ridiculously awesome, but i don't play fantasy for money as it just increases my inevitable levels of misery :lol:

Also, if you're making it a real dynansty you should have an NCAA draft (5 rounds or so) for players in your "farm" system...

August 26th, 2011, 6:59 pm #10

Invite sent JJ~

And, yeah, the trade veto is there so if 50%+ veto the trade it's no go. That's how I read in to it. May move it higher. But, we'll discuss it when the league is complete B)

And, Tobli~ nice idea with the NCAA tie-in. But, that is a bit too extreme! :lol: Drafting 40 players is bad enough :whistle:

Edit: Thinking 10 players now, what do you all reckon?!
Last edited by Oli By on August 26th, 2011, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.