UK College ball

7:30 PM - Aug 10, 2010 #1

Wasn't really sure where best to put this, but at the end of the day BCAFL/BUAFL is college ball to some extent...

Was just wondering if there are any BCAFL veterans, or current BUAFL players active on the board to swap war stories?! Personally I played 4 years up at Stirling from 2002-2006 and noticed that Cardinal Tom has the Stallions listed in part of his sig...had a few bruising games against them...including being flattened by arguably the UK's most successful player Jermaine Allen!!

Anyone get to any of the domestic games or play for UK clubs as well as following the stuff in the states?

8:14 PM - Aug 10, 2010 #2

Didn't get a chance to play against Allen at Old Boys this year...thankfully :lol:

But yeah, I'm a current Stallion for another year at least and will be looking to playing in the Senior League next summer, probably for Staffordshire's other team, Surge.

10:06 PM - Nov 02, 2010 #3

Bumping this up as it's the beginning of the new season this weekend :D

We've got Nottingham Outlaws at Home - looking for revenge after we lost the game 12-6 last year...was a close game last year and could be another close one.

Will link to my match report when it's up on the website ;)

1:25 AM - Nov 03, 2010 #4

Ex-Outlaw. 1st 2 years at TE before getting bumped inside to LT for last year after the split left us with 8 returners, 1 on the OL <_<

Missed that Staffs game with a concussion sustained at some point during our Varsity with Trent, Along with our starting RB and a few role guys, still got that W tho :D

Beat the Clansmen in the 07-08 play-offs too.

1:43 AM - Nov 03, 2010 #5

Shame you're an ex-player now...though, then again, I wouldn't be going up against you anyway being a primarily O-Lineman myself :P

Turnovers killed us in that one - two fumbled kick returns leading to both your touchdowns, horrible way to lose :(

2:22 AM - Nov 03, 2010 #6

Oh yea, i remember now! Our wedge breaker drove one of your guys into the KR guy who promptly bricked himself and fumbled lolz.

Was a ball boy for that game, was probs the worst one ever, Ref had to keep yelling at me for the ball cos i kept shouting at our players.

2:04 PM - Nov 03, 2010 #7

Gearing up for our (Leeds Celtics) first game of the season on Sunday against the Sheffield Sabres. Doubt i'll get much game time being a rookie in a saturated DB-core, but I'm sure as hell looking forward to it :)

2:23 PM - Nov 03, 2010 #8

toadie_seahawk wrote: Gearing up for our (Leeds Celtics) first game of the season on Sunday against the Sheffield Sabres. Doubt i'll get much game time being a rookie in a saturated DB-core, but I'm sure as hell looking forward to it :)
Lets go Sabres!! :rock:

Couldn't tell you anything about Sabres now, as I think the last of the "old guard", ie my graduating class has all gone now. My mate who played at G/C, had something like 35(!) career starts, was the last of the old group. From late rookie season to finishing his masters/PGDE/other this past summer, so is on his way out...

Either way though, Leeds vs Sheffield games are always biggies ;)

Good luck and enjoy...but, obviously not too much on both regards! :lol:

12:21 AM - Nov 08, 2010 #9

Outlaws 14 - 0 Stallions

:towel: :towel: :towel:

12:33 AM - Nov 08, 2010 #10

Clan got off to a win against the Pyros this week too....though beating Paisley is about as impressive as chalking up the W against the Bills...