Live Thread - Week 17

December 27th, 2012, 4:21 pm #1

Minnesota, Washington & Dallas all control their own fate.

Chicago need a win & Minnesota loss to get in.

New York need a win & Minnesota, Chicago and Dallas to lose.

Washington can still get in with a loss provided Minnesota and Chicago also lose.

Everything else is seeding.

I also wanted to share with you a good piece about the Pistol offense: http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2012/1 ... dskins-rg3
Richard Sherman's appeal is successful. Browner will be back after the STL game. Watch out.
Last edited by Tobli93 on December 27th, 2012, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 29th, 2012, 12:35 am #2

Sean Payton going nowhere. Agreed new multi year contract

Woohooo

December 29th, 2012, 1:05 am #3

I've got a horrible feeling that the Packers will beat the Vikings...but we'll lose to Detroit so we'll miss out too.

December 29th, 2012, 1:12 am #4

glynners_7 wrote:Sean Payton going nowhere. Agreed new multi year contract

Woohooo
Huge. If ATL win a playoff game or two I can see the NO division odds being very tempting in the pre-season....

December 29th, 2012, 8:09 am #5

Despite my obvious homer hate for ATL I cant believe theyre only 6th fav @ 7/1 for the SB when there could play every game in a dome

December 29th, 2012, 12:51 pm #6

PFGers73 wrote:I've got a horrible feeling that the Packers will beat the Vikings...but we'll lose to Detroit so we'll miss out too.
I think it could be the other way around, the Vikings have more to play for than we do. The bye would be nice to have but we are already in the playoffs win or lose, the Vikings have to win otherwise unrealistic results have to go their way to get in.

The Metrodome will be buzzing for AD to get the record but I would be surprised if he gets it. He ran for 210 yards against us last time but that was when we were without Clay and CJ, I can't see him getting 200 yards against us this time.

December 29th, 2012, 12:52 pm #7

Aye the Falcons are so good in the regular season they're going to break their post-season funk eventually.
Digitalis wrote:
PFGers73 wrote:I've got a horrible feeling that the Packers will beat the Vikings...but we'll lose to Detroit so we'll miss out too.
I think it could be the other way around, the Vikings have more to play for than we do. The bye would be nice to have but we are already in the playoffs win or lose, the Vikings have to win otherwise unrealistic results have to go their way to get in.

The Metrodome will be buzzing for AD to get the record but I would be surprised if he gets it. He ran for 210 yards against us last time but that was when we were without Clay and CJ, I can't see him getting 200 yards against us this time.
I hope the Packers don't let him get the record. Everytime Strahan's sack record is mentioned there's always a footnote about the Favre sack.
Last edited by SuperLego5 on December 29th, 2012, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 29th, 2012, 12:57 pm #8

2.5 sacks needed for Watt, in a game only the Texans need.

December 29th, 2012, 1:00 pm #9

SuperLego5 wrote:Aye the Falcons are so good in the regular season they're going to break their post-season funk eventually.
Digitalis wrote:

I hope the Packers don't let him get the record. Everytime Strahan's sack record is mentioned there's always a footnote about the Favre sack.
I still fancy our chances against the Falcons if we can get there, Rodgers has been unreal in domes so far in his career.

I think if we can build up a lead quickly on the Vikings then AP has no chance of getting it, they are going to have to throw the ball more if they go two or three scores behind. If the game is close I think his chances of getting it or close to it increase.

December 29th, 2012, 2:48 pm #10

Woke up today thinking it was Sunday :nono:

This season has gone to fast though :-/