December 26th, 2011, 6:11 pm #131

SuperLego5 wrote: Mass Effect 2 completed, bored of Assassins Creed II, time to attack Skyrim!
Did you like it chief?

December 28th, 2011, 10:07 pm #132

PFGers73 wrote: Can someone give me a description of what Skyrim is about and reasons why I should buy it? Never sounded interesting at all to me but maybe I'm just hearing the wrong things. I said the same thing about CoD a couple of years ago but I enjoy those games now.
How do describe Skyrim...

It's basically an RPG with HUGE roaming ability. There's a storyline about killing dragons, a civil war and some other stuff but you can largely ignore that if you want. In fact i was doing just that as a Dragon desended on me. In the middle of the night. As i was being chased by town guards for stealing some steel and silver ingots so i could improve my battle axe...

I stole myself a horse and got the HELL OUTA THERE!!

I'm not usually a fan of this kind of thing, hadn't really taken to any of the other Elder Scrolls games before but by god is this thing good. You gotta try it. I don't think LoveFilm are getting my copy back any time soon!

December 29th, 2011, 9:08 pm #133

For PFG and Midget:

I've only played a couple of hours of Skyrim so far but I'm struggling to get into it. The exact same thing happened with Oblivion though so I'm going to power through. I usually find it a bit slow until the main story takes me to the various cities on the map. At which point I join the various and guilds and do the side quests which adds to the story - thats generally when I start to find the game awesome.

December 29th, 2011, 9:15 pm #134

I meant Mass Effect :D

(but I'm still happy to hear of any accounts of Skyrim as I'm still seving a self imposed ban on it)

December 29th, 2011, 9:20 pm #135

SuperLego5 wrote: For PFG and Midget:

I've only played a couple of hours of Skyrim so far but I'm struggling to get into it. The exact same thing happened with Oblivion though so I'm going to power through. I usually find it a bit slow until the main story takes me to the various cities on the map. At which point I join the various and guilds and do the side quests which adds to the story - thats generally when I start to find the game awesome.
like all these type of games you take a while til you get decent weapons, armour etc and aren't getting killed by every tom, dick and bandit you meet :D

Worth it tho, i'm level 16 now, still careful to avoid giants tho :blink:

December 29th, 2011, 9:21 pm #136

Tobli93 wrote: How do describe Skyrim...

It's basically an RPG with HUGE roaming ability. There's a storyline about killing dragons, a civil war and some other stuff but you can largely ignore that if you want. In fact i was doing just that as a Dragon desended on me. In the middle of the night. As i was being chased by town guards for stealing some steel and silver ingots so i could improve my battle axe...

I stole myself a horse and got the HELL OUTA THERE!!

I'm not usually a fan of this kind of thing, hadn't really taken to any of the other Elder Scrolls games before but by god is this thing good. You gotta try it. I don't think LoveFilm are getting my copy back any time soon!
Cheers :up:

Pretty much confirmed to me that I shouldn't buy it :D

Killing dragons just sounds like something a 7 year old wants to be doing imo.

December 29th, 2011, 9:24 pm #137

It absolutely is yes. But remind me what was so bad about being 7? My 7 year old half-brother got a Lego millenium falcon for christmas. Being 7 is SWEET.

December 29th, 2011, 9:31 pm #138

Tobli93 wrote: It absolutely is yes. But remind me what was so bad about being 7? My 7 year old half-brother got a Lego millenium falcon for christmas. Being 7 is SWEET.
A me Millenium Falcon? :blink:

Midget Mass Effect 2 is awesome. If you completed the first one and enjoyed it you will love this one. They remove a lot of the complicated crap like a million different type of guns that you need to work out which is the best. They also use ammo in this rather than overheating weapons, I think it works much better.

The gameplay does get a bit boring eventually but the storyline gets you through. One of the better gaming storylines I've ever encountered. A lot of the game is decided by how you interact with the different characters and pretty much everything, from who dies to who joins you, is decided by your actions and how successful you are in missions.

Best game I've played since Oblivion, might even have preferred Mass Effect 2.

December 29th, 2011, 9:35 pm #139

I've never completed the original Mass Effect despite having it for a long time but I have completed ME2.

December 29th, 2011, 9:39 pm #140

Cardinal Tom wrote: I've never completed the original Mass Effect despite having it for a long time but I have completed ME2.
Aye I didn't like the original ME, got bored of the gameplay. It took me a year or so, playing it on and off, to get far enough for the storyline to hook me.

Haven't been impressed with Assassins Creed II. It's better than the original but that isn't difficult. I will complete it to continue the story and so I know the background behind Assassins Creed Brotherhood but will take me ages.