Danny Clark - QB

March 17th, 2011, 12:41 am #1

As is my way, i auto-ed a fantasy draft (no cap, otherwise FD's get complicated) and then simmed the 1st season and didn't scout anyone for the draft, makes it more interesting that way.

I had myself Drew Brees at QB, but life is too easy that way, especially with Larry Fitz and JerMichael Finley on the team too :lol:

So i traded Brees for a high 1st and 2nd. Traded the 1st down a few times to collect mid round picks and had a great draft class. 2 A's, 4 B's. One of the B's was my new QB, taken 2nd round #26. Danny Clark.

This guy's star had huge speed and pretty good short and mid range accuracy. So i jumped all over him.

His stats panned out to be 94 speed but much lower (mid 80's) agility, acceleration etc. This puts him in the Vick model, but not Vick ability. I feel like i can scramble with him, but he takes so long to cut and get going i need to turn him into a pocket passer.

So here it goes, my Andy Reid impression. My draft class also included my new starting LT, RT, C and 3rd WR and HB. So let's see what happens!

(All-Madden settings, CBA fiddling around with sliders)

March 17th, 2011, 12:48 am #2

wk 1 - @ Rams W 28-0

98.2 rating. 24/41 446yds 4TD 3INT

4 carries 18yds

Pretty great debut. The OL held up ok with 3 rookies starting but the running game wasn't much. The picks were, annoyingly, in their half, 2 were aimed at Larry in the red zone that a good QB could have made but Clark under threw.

This is a worry, i need to be able to stretch the field if my rookie-heavy run game can't get going. Otherwise i'm happy with that game. The Rams had their own rookie QB that my D made mince-meat out of. 7 sacks and 3 picks. Really helped in terms of field position etc. Also, for the first few drives they kept bringing the safeties down but not jamming my guys off the line. This meant Finley especially got open on seams pretty easily. He ended up with 8-121 and 2 TD's. A QB's best friend indeed!