WTB WPG SD large

WTB WPG SD large

April 30th, 2007, 10:03 am #1

Seeking a what price glory service dress to fit 44 chest 36 waist if anyone is thinking of parting with a set.
an original size 18 blouse or 50's to ww2 pattern is acceptable too.
thanks
Tim

April 30th, 2007, 2:29 pm #2

But no WPG repro for me... I had one and sold it.

I would take my chances converting a post-war set now... as long as it had the ticket pocket.

Huxley

April 30th, 2007, 3:46 pm #3

I had talk to Jerry about a week ago he told me that, due popular demand he's doing another run of RAF uniforms.

Glenn

May 1st, 2007, 9:50 pm #4

Seeking a what price glory service dress to fit 44 chest 36 waist if anyone is thinking of parting with a set.
thanks
Tim
I have a WPG officer's SD jacket, started out about a 46/48, and has been tailored back to about a 44, and in very good shape. However- Because I am never satisfied with Jerry's minions tailoring, I started reconstructing certain sections: The pockets are removed to facilitate replacement with larger ones(The upper pockets appear to be sized for a 34 jacket!). The lower pockets have been reconstructed into two proper size upper pockets and flaps, so they will need to be replaced(any section of WPG RAF blue Barathea material will work nicely, such as from a tiny size pair of WPG trousers) The flaps for the bottom pockets are still in good shape. Also, the button spacing is wrong, so the buttonhole stitching has been carefully removed, so that a competant tailor can close the holes, and new ones properly spaced. (WPG buttons are there, but originals look much better, and I may be convinced to part with a spare set) The belt is there, but I no longer have a proper buckle for it. The sleeves are already properly ringed for Flt. Lt.

I would be happy to send this jacket to a new home for a $50(plus shipping, still much less than Jerry's price for a new one) donation to the cause(me), although higher offers would certainly be accepted if you would care to pay more. (For a few dollars more I could be convinced to send along some original buttons- make offer)

As I am doing WWII USAAF as my main impression now, this jacket is surplus to my requirements.

Contact me at my regular e-mail if you are interested(ng19delta at yahoo dot com Make the usual substitutions)

Robbie

May 1st, 2007, 10:34 pm #5

thanks for the offer, what I have in mind is other ranks. nice of you to offer though.

May 2nd, 2007, 10:09 am #6

You're welcome! Good luck with your search If anyone else is interested, please contact me off list!

Robbie

May 7th, 2007, 3:35 am #7

if it is, i'm interested

Ken

May 7th, 2007, 3:45 am #8

Yes- It is still available: I replied to your e-mail off line.
Thanks!
Robbie

May 8th, 2007, 9:29 pm #9

thanks
Tim
After it for early june so anyone able to help please advise...
Tim.