Website Update

Website Update

April 26th, 2009, 5:02 pm #1

Just a quick message to let you know that The Historic Flying Clothing Company's website will be updated tomorrow, Monday 27th April @ 4pm BST. If you are online at the time you will need to refresh your browser periodically to view the new stock as it is uploaded. We anticipate it will take approx. 30 minutes to complete. Please be aware that some items always sell quickly so view at the earliest opportunity. First come - first served....

Best wishes
David
http://www.historicflyingclothing.com

April 26th, 2009, 5:28 pm #2

Looking forward to it!  Were we meant to be notified by e-mail? because I haven't got a notification.

Cheers

Ben

April 27th, 2009, 7:51 am #3

I did attempt to send the update news to customers via our 'email update alert' yesterday but there were problems with the server that prevented this. I have just sent out the messages which should have been OK this time (I need to check this with my web guru). If there are still server problems we may have to delay the update but if this is the case I'll post a message here...
Cheers
David

April 28th, 2009, 6:37 pm #4

David, are you going to add anything more to the site? Ive been waiting, like many others for the update after the hype of several marks of helmet and masks, but was rather disappointed at what appeared, only one new helmet and two masks, especially considering the site has not been taking orders for weeks. I never got any updates either.

Any chance you can leave some of the prices on the site too after items have been sold? They would help greatly with referencing and pricing items I have. Out of interest, how much was the ASR badge

April 28th, 2009, 6:50 pm #5

Karl, don't worry! Of couse the site will be updated, but one mass update would be silly. Firstly, the time taken to package the items added with the time spent e-mailing customers and processing orders is really a lot. Secondly, this way orders can be processed a lot quicker so that there is a higher chance the customer will be happy. Of course there will be another update, but patience is always a virtue. I was not dissapointed, I was actually glad that everything wasn't added at once because then you wouldn't know what to buy would you?

Cheers

Ben

April 29th, 2009, 7:22 pm #6

I'm sorry if some of you were disappointed with the recent update of the website. Following our buying trips we wanted to get a few new items listed quickly and it simply wasn't possible to do any more in the time available. If you consider that most items have at least 2 photos and in many cases 4 or 5 it doesn't take long to rack up a couple of hundred images that require manipulating and adding to the descriptions. To list 50 items is actually quite a lot of work! Also, as Ben kindly pointed out, processing, packing and dispatching orders as promptly as possible also takes time.

With regard the content of the update we selected fairly randomly from stock boxes that were to hand so that included some mundane kit along with some slightly more interesting stuff. Given the 'teasers' we have had on the website about the newly acquired stock I can understand why you may have expected a large quantity of rare and exciting 'bits'. Frankly this would not be good business for us and is not necessarily good for the customer either - there could be several items you want for your collection but only the funding for one. If the same items were listed in separate updates this might not be a problem!
What I can say is that all the new stock previously mentioned on the website has been acquired and will be added to the site in due course along with kit selected from the literally 1000s of other items we have available.

We are still involved in buying more stock which prevents us from updating/maintaining the website as frequently as we would like - indeed we have a large consignment of USAAF kit to view/purchase this Friday, but when the buying slows a bit we will be able to resume regular updates.

The prices of 'sold' items are automatically removed. This is part of the program written by our 'web guru' and not something that we specifically specified. If enough people want it changed we could look into it.

Karl - you mention not getting any updates? I presume you mean that you have not received any emails regarding updates etc? If this is the case please let me know. The automatic 'emailer' has had teething problems that we thought had been sorted out but perhaps not. If anyone else who has 'signed-up' for emails and hasn't had any would contact us that would be very useful.

I trust this answers your queries?

Best wishes
David

April 29th, 2009, 7:48 pm #7

Dave, you mention that you can't see the price when the item is sold? I agree that this is rather annoying, but there is a way to get around it. Instead of saying the item is SOLD make it say that the item is RESERVED so that the price remains? Just an idea, I think that a forum member called Paul does this on his website. Could I ask how many similar updates we can expect?

Cheers

Ben