Type 18 Microphone Update

Type 18 Microphone Update

March 16th, 2012, 11:37 am #1

Hello to one and all.
Just to bring you all up to speed on the progress of our Type 18 Mic. We are in the throws of moving to new premisses at the moment so there will be an unfortunate delay with production. Prior to this move everything so far has been very good , better than we first thought. We estimate about 4 to 5 weeks to get the workshop back on it feet , so please don't despair we wont go away, we shall drop another message here when things are moving again. Thank you all for your input and interest, Tony S.

TALLY-HO!

March 16th, 2012, 4:49 pm #2

Thanks Tony. I was going to make a topic asking how things were going, but didn't want to appear rude or impatient!

Hope the move goes well.

best wishes
Ben

March 18th, 2012, 12:44 am #3

Hi Ben,

No problem, we welcome any comment. We have made improvements to the bakelite parts casting. The +M and the M- is now spot on. Although we say so ourselves ( and we really don't like to blow our own trumpet ) we think that any customer will be thrilled with this mic. More pictures to follow soon.

March 18th, 2012, 10:23 am #4

I can't wait Tony. I haven't bought an RAF item in almost 2 years. It sounds silly, but this projecting (and Neil's) is sustaining my interest; since prices for items seem to be reaching ludicrous amounts these days.

March 26th, 2012, 11:52 am #5

Although we are in the process of moving into another workshop we found time to work on the prototype .So we thought you might be interested in how the finished prototype looks (to save confusion the original is the wired one ). We shall strive to produce these to the same if not better standard than the prototype , were always looking to improve. We shall soon be moved into the new workshop so please be patient , production should be starting in a few weeks, Tally-Ho! Wizard Show and all that. Tony S

March 26th, 2012, 12:34 pm #6

Fantasic work, any idea what the price is likely to be on these? Or is that down to numbers made? Would like an idea so I can start saving!
Jb

March 26th, 2012, 8:41 pm #7

Love to get an inkling on price!

Cheers, Toine

March 27th, 2012, 10:57 am #8

Although we are in the process of moving into another workshop we found time to work on the prototype .So we thought you might be interested in how the finished prototype looks (to save confusion the original is the wired one ). We shall strive to produce these to the same if not better standard than the prototype , were always looking to improve. We shall soon be moved into the new workshop so please be patient , production should be starting in a few weeks, Tally-Ho! Wizard Show and all that. Tony S

...enrolling the ranks of the many (wanting to know the price).

March 28th, 2012, 3:27 am #9

They look wonderful. Where are these being made?

cheers,

Smith-Smythe

March 28th, 2012, 6:26 am #10

Dependent on price, I'd be interested too. These look brilliant. I thought they were both originals at first glance in the initial picture. Great work.

May I ask: is the cap fixed or can it be unscrewed? And if the latter, what is underneath it...?

Many thanks
Ben