Slightly off topic but somebody might know....

Slightly off topic but somebody might know....

May 27th, 2009, 3:22 pm #1

I have just aquired a Mk1a bonedome. It has been personalised by being painted white with a small red leaping red fox on each side, for sure original paintwork as the holes that would have attached the visor go through the paint, so it was painted before the visor was installed. It is dated 1964. Does anybody know of a unit or indervidual that was using a fox mascot at this time?

Also does anybody know where I can get a visor to put back on it? It would need the track that should be on the helmet as this is missing too.

Sorry for posting postwar period but thought somebody here might be able to help. I have sent an email to Hendon about it so be interesting to see if they have any ideas.

Jb

May 28th, 2009, 2:36 pm #2

I can't help you with ID'ing it but I'm quite interested to know if you happen to find a source for the visors. I have one that is missing too. What size is your helmet?

I hope that Chris is happy to allow a bit of post-war chatter every now and again

May 28th, 2009, 5:44 pm #3

thanks for your input. I will post anything I do fins out about it, if any. The size is 3 regular, will this make a difference to the visor I need then? Don't know much about bone domes but could not resit this one because of the paintwork.
Jb