Reproduction Pigeon Flight Box

Reproduction Pigeon Flight Box

June 23rd, 2008, 7:03 pm #1

Hi, For those who were interested in my search for information on Pigeon Flight Boxes, you might like to have a look at how work is progressing on a Reproduction Flight Box. My website is at www.626squadron.org Go to the Navigation Page, click on 'Wireless Operator' and then click on the 'Reproduction Pigeon Flight Box' link. Thanks, for all the info I have received through the Forum. Regards Dave.

June 24th, 2008, 12:35 am #2

It is wonderful to see a re-enactor tackle something really unique and challenging. It really adds to the interpretation of the life and work of our Aircrews and helps us to focus on how much our technology has changed. Great work.

Cheers

George

June 24th, 2008, 9:52 am #3

I agree with George, not only a great job so far, but good to see someone taking on something different. Hope the rest of the project goes well. If the tins were in better supply you could almost put out a DIY kit!

June 24th, 2008, 11:09 am #4

Hi, For those who were interested in my search for information on Pigeon Flight Boxes, you might like to have a look at how work is progressing on a Reproduction Flight Box. My website is at www.626squadron.org Go to the Navigation Page, click on 'Wireless Operator' and then click on the 'Reproduction Pigeon Flight Box' link. Thanks, for all the info I have received through the Forum. Regards Dave.

No photo's visible for me.

TTFN,
Paul

Paul Bellamy
RAF Twinwood Farm

June 24th, 2008, 12:13 pm #5

Dave,
Here's color photo of the pigeon carrier. Photo via the IWM collection.

The yellow's appear to be the same yellow/orange used for aircraft roundels, etc.

June 24th, 2008, 8:06 pm #6

Hi All,  Thank you for all the kind comments on this project, I hope you will all keep an eye on developments via my web page.  Will be adding more photos as work progresses.  Thank Dave

June 26th, 2008, 5:54 pm #7

Hi All,   Had a few problems uploading the new photos to my website, they are all there now.  Regards Dave.