RCAF Kit Box

RCAF Kit Box

August 1st, 2009, 11:27 pm #1

The Kit Box pictured below was tossed out by a nieghbor recently. I rescued it from curb-side and wondering if it would be of interest to anyone on forum.

It is hand-painted with an RCAF wing to R.99476 M.E. Searles, Fredericton N.B.

External dimensions 28 1/4 in. X 16 1/2 X 9. Some minor rust/tarnish on exterior fittings, interior clean.

This item is not for sale and I will not ship/deliver. However if anyone in the Ottawa area wishes to have it please contact me via my e-mail for free pickup.

Last edited by AOC553 on August 2nd, 2009, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 3rd, 2009, 3:11 pm #2

Nice find! As they say...Some persons trash is someones treasure!

I can't imagine how much stuff is thrown out by elderly widows and family! It's a shame that some family members could give a rats ass what there grandparents or parents did during the second world war.

Glenn

August 3rd, 2009, 5:17 pm #3

Agreed Glenn,

Too many items lost forever due to lack of interest by family members and others. However, I can not fault the fellow who left this item at curb-side. He is a currently serving member of the CF whos wife's father picked it up at a flea market in the Maritimes many years ago. He has carted it across Canada a few times when posted and decided it was taking up valuable space in his "junk-room". He has no relationship to the man named on the box.

Also, thank you to the kind soul who corrected the image files in my original post!

Ken

August 3rd, 2009, 7:46 pm #4

The Kit Box pictured below was tossed out by a nieghbor recently. I rescued it from curb-side and wondering if it would be of interest to anyone on forum.

External dimensions 28 1/4 in. X 16 1/2 X 9. Some minor rust/tarnish on exterior fittings, interior clean.

This item is not for sale and I will not ship/deliver. However if anyone in the Ottawa area wishes to have it please contact me via my e-mail for free pickup.

Something look fimiluar on the gray T-Shirt?

Glenn

August 5th, 2009, 5:42 pm #6

If it's not already taken, I'll have my sister-in-law pick it up and give it a good home.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Bob

August 6th, 2009, 6:04 pm #7

Bob,

The box has been picked up.

Cheers, Ken