Poles not listed??

Poles not listed??

November 9th, 2005, 5:58 pm #1

Can anyone help-the Polish air force graves are not listed with the CWGC, is there a book or reference of all Polish Air Force Graves?
Cheers
Kate

November 9th, 2005, 7:12 pm #2

Kate

A few years ago I helped a bloke called Geoff Negus who was trying to compile a complete list of casualties. the result, including Poles can be found at:

http://www.mackz.demon.co.uk/geoff%20negus.htm

Should hopefully give you what you need

November 11th, 2005, 9:40 pm #3

Thanks Alex you're a star!
Kate

November 25th, 2005, 1:27 pm #4

Can anyone help-the Polish air force graves are not listed with the CWGC, is there a book or reference of all Polish Air Force Graves?
Cheers
Kate
See - WW2 Polish Air Force in the West Roll of Honour 1940-47

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WW2-Polish-Air-Fo ... dZViewItem

Excel Spreadsheet of Polish Air Force Operational Losses in the European Theatre of War covering Aircraft and Aircrew 1939-1945.

Both British and Polish Ranks listed

The listing includes Service Numbers, Surnames, Initials, First Names, Unit, Date of Death , Cause of Death, Where Commemorated and also where buried (if Known).

Data recorded on this CD is Unique and available in English, in this format for the first time.

It should be noted that Polish Air Force Deaths are not recorded on the Commonwealth War Graves 'Debt of Honour Register' and Polish War Graves are not just to be found at Newark Cemetery, Nottinghamshire and NOT ALL the Polish Deaths are recorded on the Polish Memorial at Northolt.

This CD Rom fills these gaps.

A good number of aircraft details have been recorded, so it is often possible to know the type of aircraft being flown and fellow crew members.

In addition deaths that occurred during training in England (Both flying and non-Flying), Road Traffic Accidents, Natural Causes etc have also been included - These 'non-operational' deaths are NOT recorded on the Polish Memorial at Northolt

In all there are some 2293 names recorded covering losses in the French Campaign of 1940, then the Polish Air Force in the West, based in Great Britain. Some 70 names of RAF personnel attached to Polish Squadtons have also been included

Excel 97 version for Microsoft Windows PC's

Allows you to search for the data in the order you want. i.e. Search for dates, aircraft types, aircraft serial numbers, crew names, squadrons

This data is unique in this format and based on dedicated research into the subject

November 26th, 2005, 9:10 am #5

I also forgot to mention that I have recently supplied Geoff Negus with a book in Polish Text listing all Casualties in the Polish Air Force in the West.

This book, along with a number of other sources, was used as a basis of my searchable casualty listing of men and aircraft, available on CD, mentioned above

Hope this helps

December 20th, 2005, 10:21 am #6

See - WW2 Polish Air Force in the West Roll of Honour 1940-47

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WW2-Polish-Air-Fo ... dZViewItem

Excel Spreadsheet of Polish Air Force Operational Losses in the European Theatre of War covering Aircraft and Aircrew 1939-1945.

Both British and Polish Ranks listed

The listing includes Service Numbers, Surnames, Initials, First Names, Unit, Date of Death , Cause of Death, Where Commemorated and also where buried (if Known).

Data recorded on this CD is Unique and available in English, in this format for the first time.

It should be noted that Polish Air Force Deaths are not recorded on the Commonwealth War Graves 'Debt of Honour Register' and Polish War Graves are not just to be found at Newark Cemetery, Nottinghamshire and NOT ALL the Polish Deaths are recorded on the Polish Memorial at Northolt.

This CD Rom fills these gaps.

A good number of aircraft details have been recorded, so it is often possible to know the type of aircraft being flown and fellow crew members.

In addition deaths that occurred during training in England (Both flying and non-Flying), Road Traffic Accidents, Natural Causes etc have also been included - These 'non-operational' deaths are NOT recorded on the Polish Memorial at Northolt

In all there are some 2293 names recorded covering losses in the French Campaign of 1940, then the Polish Air Force in the West, based in Great Britain. Some 70 names of RAF personnel attached to Polish Squadtons have also been included

Excel 97 version for Microsoft Windows PC's

Allows you to search for the data in the order you want. i.e. Search for dates, aircraft types, aircraft serial numbers, crew names, squadrons

This data is unique in this format and based on dedicated research into the subject
Hi!

I try to find any information about my grandfather Aleksander Zejdler.
During the September Campaign in Poland his bomber PZL P37B Los (factory number 72.18) was shot down. It was a machine of the 211th Bomb Squadron pursuing a reconaissance flight, and its crew was por. obs. Gorniak, sierz. strz. Zejdler, plut. pil. Bonkowski, and kpr. strz. Puchala. The plane and the crew fell down in flames around the mansion Gieczno near Rychlocice. Then Gorniak and Puchala died. My Grandfather escaped through Romania and France to England where he, as I know, joined 304 Bomb Squadron. I will be very thankfull for any information about his activities in the period of 1940 - 1945.
Thanks in advance,

Mariusz Zejdler

December 21st, 2005, 6:35 pm #7

Cheers
Kate
Kate, I have the CD in question and would gladly do a looup if requested. That said, for £18.00, it is well worth every pennt and is even better than the description makes out.

Regards.

January 28th, 2006, 1:39 pm #8

Hi!

I try to find any information about my grandfather Aleksander Zejdler.
During the September Campaign in Poland his bomber PZL P37B Los (factory number 72.18) was shot down. It was a machine of the 211th Bomb Squadron pursuing a reconaissance flight, and its crew was por. obs. Gorniak, sierz. strz. Zejdler, plut. pil. Bonkowski, and kpr. strz. Puchala. The plane and the crew fell down in flames around the mansion Gieczno near Rychlocice. Then Gorniak and Puchala died. My Grandfather escaped through Romania and France to England where he, as I know, joined 304 Bomb Squadron. I will be very thankfull for any information about his activities in the period of 1940 - 1945.
Thanks in advance,

Mariusz Zejdler
You may wish to contact my father.

He is just finding out about his family.

His name is Janusz Zejdler and was born in Poland

His Email Address is jzejdler@iinet.net.au

Regards