pointed cuffs on KD SD

pointed cuffs on KD SD

April 12th, 2009, 2:19 am #1

Chaps,

The khaki drill service dress for officers has pointed cuffs. The cuff doubler goes completely around the wrist with the point going toward the elboy on the outside, right above where a wristwatch would be worn. I have the new WPG KD SD which is a very good product. (BTW sizes are accurate) It comes with unfinished sleeves which are rather long. I am wondering if there is a minimum finished cuff length. According to the Rathbone Museum website, Air Commodore Longmore's uniform shows a cuff length at the minimum distance from cuff to end of the sleeve at about 1.5 inches whilst other photos of other wearers of the KD SD show a length more like 2.5 - 3 inches.

Does anybody know if there is a minimum acceptable length for these cuffs? I need to know whether I need to have the tailor disassemble the sleeve and move my pointed cuff up the sleeve a few inches or whether a minimum cuff doubler length of about 1 inches is acceptable.

theotherChris

April 13th, 2009, 6:31 pm #2

Just checked some of my uniforms. An original KD officers tunic plus some 49 pattern BD blouses which also have this style of cuff. From the tip of the 'point' to the hem appears to be six inches. It seems that size doesn't matter. On all the BD's, small, medium or large, its consistently the same.

April 13th, 2009, 6:40 pm #3

That is what I thought.... at least I have a number now. Thanks for checking.

Cheers

April 14th, 2009, 1:41 pm #4

Have to take pictures of yourself in uniform to show everyone the finished kit results!

Time for a uniform throw down! Get cooking!

April 16th, 2009, 3:40 am #5

Maybe I will be wearing the stuff by then! Logistically, it is difficult to have anything with me at all..... One uniform allowed....and it has to fit all occasions....

theotherChris