Looking for Uniforms Repros (or originals)

Looking for Uniforms Repros (or originals)

October 25th, 2007, 6:56 pm #1

Hi all,

I am from Brazil and I am an enthusiast about the role of RAF in WWII. I have some items on my small collection, some of them originals (such as a Lancaster manual, RAF Bag, a tunic, etc.) and other replicas. By now, i am looking for a battle dress uniform repro that i can wear (for reenacting) , and i search on the web and found out two vendors: What price glory and Replicaters. My question is: in terms of quality, does anybody know which one is better? I saw the WPG price is a little bit more expensive, without considering the shipping, while the replicaters shipping is included on the price. Or maybe one of you can give other way to buy it. I would really appreciate any help....and sorry for my english...it is a kind of rust!!!

I wish you all the best.

Regards,

Fernando.

October 25th, 2007, 11:49 pm #2

Hi Fernando,

I have an original RAF Service Dress Tunic to a pilot from Brazil. Would like to talk to you about it. When you have a moment please e-mail me at paultaxATaolDOTcom. (Please substitute @ for AT and . for DOT) Thank you.

Paul O

p.s. No need to apologize, your English is just fine!
Last edited by paultax2 on October 25th, 2007, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 26th, 2007, 7:25 pm #3

Hi all,

I am from Brazil and I am an enthusiast about the role of RAF in WWII. I have some items on my small collection, some of them originals (such as a Lancaster manual, RAF Bag, a tunic, etc.) and other replicas. By now, i am looking for a battle dress uniform repro that i can wear (for reenacting) , and i search on the web and found out two vendors: What price glory and Replicaters. My question is: in terms of quality, does anybody know which one is better? I saw the WPG price is a little bit more expensive, without considering the shipping, while the replicaters shipping is included on the price. Or maybe one of you can give other way to buy it. I would really appreciate any help....and sorry for my english...it is a kind of rust!!!

I wish you all the best.

Regards,

Fernando.
Fernando,

What Price Glory has a repro of the early RAF Battledress "Suit, Aircrew".

I just received a set and the quality is very good. I had to have a tailor shop shorten the sleeves and trouser legs, but this is to be expected to ensure proper fit.

My only caution with WPG is that his reproduction uniform stuff runs slightly small, so order larger than you fit. I am a 44 jacket and the 48 jacket fit nicely with the exception of sleeve length.

I have been dealing with "Major Jerry" at WPG for many years and have always been satisfied with his service and products.

Cheerio!

Hurribus Driver.

October 28th, 2007, 10:16 am #4

Hi Fernando,

I have an original RAF Service Dress Tunic to a pilot from Brazil. Would like to talk to you about it. When you have a moment please e-mail me at paultaxATaolDOTcom. (Please substitute @ for AT and . for DOT) Thank you.

Paul O

p.s. No need to apologize, your English is just fine!
I've bought a RAF Battledress from Pegasus in England. The quality is fantastic. The detail is fantastic right down to the stitching which matches an original. I had material samples sent to me from four different companys and Pegasus was the only one that was spot on. He tailor makes his uniforms at his pemises.

He even sewed on insignia that I supplied.

I'm just about to order another RAF Battledress from him (In my group we have dual roles so I need an Officer's rank and the other with flight sergeant)

Don't skimp on price or go for the cheapest. The RAF Battledress is either correct or not correct. There is no middle ground. If you want it spot on then Pegasus is your route.

October 28th, 2007, 6:25 pm #5

Philip,
Unless I've missed something, Pegasus offer a midnight-blue RAAF BD set, not blue-grey RAF. Same pattern but very different colours of wool.

October 28th, 2007, 6:59 pm #6

It's true, I'm sure Pegasus are producing BG uniforms but they just haven't got it on the website.

October 28th, 2007, 8:35 pm #7

Pegasus are definitely producing RAF as well as RAAF Battle Dress Uniforms and the RAF BD are fantastic. When he first started producing RAF BD you had to tea dye them (they came out from tea dying an absolute spot on RAF colour and it was not difficult at all to tea dye) Now he producers the RAF already dyed ready to wear.

As I said in my post "if you want a RAF BD then Pegasus is the route to take"

October 28th, 2007, 9:08 pm #8

I would suspect the base wool is likely the Abimelech stuff. It's too blue and would defintely need something to tone it down a bit.

I've not seen any Pegasus uniforms so can't comment. Nice to know that the blue-grey is now being produced at two places.

November 9th, 2007, 11:05 am #9

Fernando,

What Price Glory has a repro of the early RAF Battledress "Suit, Aircrew".

I just received a set and the quality is very good. I had to have a tailor shop shorten the sleeves and trouser legs, but this is to be expected to ensure proper fit.

My only caution with WPG is that his reproduction uniform stuff runs slightly small, so order larger than you fit. I am a 44 jacket and the 48 jacket fit nicely with the exception of sleeve length.

I have been dealing with "Major Jerry" at WPG for many years and have always been satisfied with his service and products.

Cheerio!

Hurribus Driver.
Hi Hurribus Driver,

Thank you for the tip. Good to know about the size. Regards, Fernando.

November 9th, 2007, 11:06 am #10

I've bought a RAF Battledress from Pegasus in England. The quality is fantastic. The detail is fantastic right down to the stitching which matches an original. I had material samples sent to me from four different companys and Pegasus was the only one that was spot on. He tailor makes his uniforms at his pemises.

He even sewed on insignia that I supplied.

I'm just about to order another RAF Battledress from him (In my group we have dual roles so I need an Officer's rank and the other with flight sergeant)

Don't skimp on price or go for the cheapest. The RAF Battledress is either correct or not correct. There is no middle ground. If you want it spot on then Pegasus is your route.
Hi Philip,

I did not know about Pegasus...I will take a look..thanks for the tip...Best Regards, Fernando.