Hello all!

Hello all!

April 25th, 2012, 6:33 pm #1

Hello all,
For a long while I've been considering playing my part in the reenactment/living history game. Well i finally went for it and purchased airman's uniform from WPG. I am looking at portraying station staff maybe general duties or one of the many trades in the RAF at the time still not certain of what however it would be portraying an airman who had some years in so to speak!

Then there is finding the right group out there to get involved in doesn't appear to be many in my part of the country (Kent)RAF themed that is so any advice on that greatly appreciated!

I've always held a keen interest in the second world war and in particular the home front I've also served in the RAF during the 80's so well "gen'd up" on the service's history and traditions my father in law was an air gunner flying on Wellingtons and Lancasters his story is told in the book Tail End Charlies by John Nichol we've had many a long conversation on his wartime experiences and it's always nice to pass on his stories to others which i do as often as i can!

John

May 31st, 2012, 10:04 pm #2

Hi John
Try 212 Squadron -http://212squadron.org/ John Allen is your man.

Rob.

June 1st, 2012, 6:50 pm #3

hi mate, 212 are at dover castle on saturday sunday and monday, i will be up there with them on sunday and monday. if your about turn up, im sure youll be welcomed in just as i was! cheers

Daf
RAF Honington

everything is history, lets preserve it and educate others.

June 4th, 2012, 7:56 pm #4

Hello Dafydd
Yes we met yesterday at Dover Castle I was the Cpl medic! Sorry I hadn't checked website for replies to my post so didn't realise you had left a message! Yes you are right 212 Sqn you couldn't find a more a nicer group of people! despite Sundays weather it was a very enjoyable day I got some good photo's. Capel Le Ferne will be my next outing day job permitting!
If you let me have your email address I can send you some of the photo's I would put them on facebook however I recall the need for discretion!

all the best

John

June 6th, 2012, 9:38 pm #5

i dont know if ill be reenacting at capel, i highly expect ill be in my real uniform, plus the fact its a bit close to home hahaha!

Daf
RAF Honington

June 6th, 2012, 10:02 pm #6

nice photos btw!! lol

Daf
RAF Honington

June 7th, 2012, 2:45 pm #7

Re: Capel perfectly understandable, hopefully weather will be as good as last year