Facelift

Facelift

February 13th, 2005, 5:14 pm #1

Was toying around with some new graphics software earlier today and thought I'd play with the look of the site. The old layout has been unchanged since the forum began and is/was really looking a bit dated.

Opinions?
Last edited by AOC553 on February 13th, 2005, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 13th, 2005, 5:25 pm #2

Very cool Chris, nice work!
I almost fell off my chair when I clicked in! LOL

Looks very sharp!

Sean

February 13th, 2005, 5:34 pm #3

A great look for the forum.
Really so RAF

A very good idea !

Cheers

Stéphane

February 13th, 2005, 5:35 pm #4

Was toying around with some new graphics software earlier today and thought I'd play with the look of the site. The old layout has been unchanged since the forum began and is/was really looking a bit dated.

Opinions?
I would prefer a plain backgroud, as this effect is making it harder to read the posts!
Steve

February 13th, 2005, 5:36 pm #5

A great look for the forum.
Really so RAF

A very good idea !

Cheers

Stéphane
Good to see a new look to the forum! I feel kinda itchy from the serge hehe

Any chance of getting the little pics next to the posts like other forums? Is there a "switch" on your Network54 panel that allows it to happen?

February 13th, 2005, 5:42 pm #6

I would prefer a plain backgroud, as this effect is making it harder to read the posts!
Steve
Steve,
Was curious as to what areas you're having trouble viewing? The text should be white on the dark background. Is it the text itself that you're having trouble distinguishing? Also, depending on the horsepower of your machine, the background might be giving you trouble.

Default font for the site is Arial -- standard fare on most PCs. You can check your settings in your browser and see if that's what you're using.

February 13th, 2005, 5:45 pm #7

The altered links listing is much more effectively laid out.

February 13th, 2005, 5:49 pm #8

Opinions?
Glad to see the Forum taking on such a distinctive identifying look. Really looks great.

Nice work, Chris.

February 13th, 2005, 6:51 pm #9

chris,

I have noticed in surfing other RAF forums that inevitably when questions are posted they are referring back to your forum for answers and previous threads. You are to be commended!!

cheers
Tony Standefer

February 13th, 2005, 6:51 pm #10

Opinions?
I've reactivated the ability to upload a personal photo, for those interested. These are the small photos that appear near your name in your posts.

You must be a registered Network 54 user to utilize this feature. After you log in, go to "my account" and select "personal photo". You then hit "browse', locate your image on your computer, select it, and then hit "upload".

For best results, pre-size your image to 70 x 70 pixels. The software will reduce your image to this size, automatically. If your image isn't square-shaped, it will be squashed vertically of horizontally to fit the 70x 70 format.