eBay Item; True test of where collecting resides?

eBay Item; True test of where collecting resides?

January 14th, 2011, 12:54 am #1

All-
This hopefully finding all safe, happy and healthy!.......

OK, an FAA C Type, G Mask, MKVIII. All nice, but what say all regarding the price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Seems I saw less of a 'beginning' pricing for a decent B Type, used D Mask and MKIII......Thoughts?

Regards,
Glenn

January 15th, 2011, 6:15 pm #2

Couldn't agree more. To be honest, I have realised that prices for these items are just ridiculous, and I am at a point where I am tempted to sell-up. I will have uni fees, driving lessons, etc, to subside to a large degree, and collecting doesn't really fit into that.

I don't think I will sell up, because I would sorely regret it, but collecting (for me) has slumped.

January 18th, 2011, 12:47 am #3

All-
This hopefully finding all safe, happy and healthy!.......

OK, an FAA C Type, G Mask, MKVIII. All nice, but what say all regarding the price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Seems I saw less of a 'beginning' pricing for a decent B Type, used D Mask and MKIII......Thoughts?

Regards,
Glenn
I'm not sure what you mean....Glenn T.
Heyler I'm assuming....??

And Ben, I don't think you have to give up entirely....

Not everything is a rip off.....far from it....

Sure this one is expensive...you're really only paying top dollar for the G Type...

It wasn't that long ago that I saw a brilliant early C type hat and G type mask go for 300 odd stirling.....bout 2 years from memory....and it came from the same bloke.

Last year I picked up a 200 quid B type hat...a little tatty but easily repairable..and a proper size 3 to boot....
At least this one was from an honest seller..and not some creep after a quick sale....

Stick with it, Ben.....

January 18th, 2011, 4:25 pm #4

There was also a fairly good 1939 B Type a couple of days ago that went for £185.00. Overall very good, it had a couple of smallish patches of chamois needed repairing inside, while one of the earcups had a couple of holes where the earphone had rubbed the leather. But still a nice dated helmet...

January 18th, 2011, 6:08 pm #5

I know, I have seen items go for great prices (for example the b-type I got last year, complete with mark IIIa goggles, and named to a bomber pilot: for around £270) but even then the prices are still expensive, compared to necessary items which I need like a laptop or similar items.

I suppose once my work load shifts, I'll have more time for this hobby

January 19th, 2011, 10:20 pm #6

There was also a fairly good 1939 B Type a couple of days ago that went for £185.00. Overall very good, it had a couple of smallish patches of chamois needed repairing inside, while one of the earcups had a couple of holes where the earphone had rubbed the leather. But still a nice dated helmet...
Hope all is well! I saw that B Type as well, but I did not know the outcome. It's good to stay "in the hunt" for items, but careers and family sometimes lead the way! I have certainly followed your lead in looking out for items that sometimes fly under the radar for one reason or another!.....

Many thanks!
Glenn

January 19th, 2011, 10:22 pm #7

I know, I have seen items go for great prices (for example the b-type I got last year, complete with mark IIIa goggles, and named to a bomber pilot: for around £270) but even then the prices are still expensive, compared to necessary items which I need like a laptop or similar items.

I suppose once my work load shifts, I'll have more time for this hobby
.....Hmmmmm......Sounds like reality has set in.....It's ok mate, sometimes these things run in cycles! Keep the chin up then.....

Regards,
Glenn