Canadian air force headdress

Canadian air force headdress

October 15th, 2011, 11:56 pm #1

I am working on an illustrated book of 200 years of Canadian military headdress. To date I have managed to photograph over 800 pieces but these are nearly all Army/Militia. I have a limited number of RCAF hats but I am looking to increase this number as well as adding early caps such as those for the original Canadian Air Force of the 1920s and Royal Naval Air Service caps. Flying helmets and other 'environmental' caps will not be included. If you can assist please contact me at clive@servicepub.com

Thnx,
Clive

Clive M. Law
Service Publications
www.servicepub.com

October 16th, 2011, 3:45 pm #2

Clive,

I sent you an e-mail with a link to my Flickr RCAF Collection site.

October 16th, 2011, 5:15 pm #3

Thanks Gary. I replied to your e-mail.

January 5th, 2012, 1:27 am #4

Clive,

I sent you an e-mail with a link to my Flickr RCAF Collection site.
Still looking for anyone who owns any CAF headdress, early RCAF, RNAS and other air-related headdress (other than operational stuff)

January 6th, 2012, 12:13 am #5

Do you want pics of the RCAF Womens division hats also?

DT.

January 13th, 2012, 5:22 pm #6

I am working on an illustrated book of 200 years of Canadian military headdress. To date I have managed to photograph over 800 pieces but these are nearly all Army/Militia. I have a limited number of RCAF hats but I am looking to increase this number as well as adding early caps such as those for the original Canadian Air Force of the 1920s and Royal Naval Air Service caps. Flying helmets and other 'environmental' caps will not be included. If you can assist please contact me at clive@servicepub.com

Thnx,
Clive

Clive M. Law
Service Publications
www.servicepub.com
Clive,

I have a nice pre-war RCAF Officer's SD cap. Not sure of the exact time period on this one, but it is an odd fabric that is lighter than typical barathea type wool. Almost seems to be a summer weight cap. Typical earlier type green underside to the cloth bill of the cap. It also seems to be a lighter colour, but this is perhaps more due to fading than anything else (which might make more sense if it is indeed some type of tropical or summer weight cap).

I'll try to remember to photograph it this evening, but my home email is:

bigginhill1940@hotmail.com

You might want to shoot me a reminder as I tend to get busy and forget to do things!

Best,

John

January 13th, 2012, 5:43 pm #7

I just realized the message is rather out of date.

April 29th, 2012, 2:59 am #8

Thnx,
Clive

Clive M. Law
Service Publications
www.servicepub.com
Still looking for headdress. I hope to send the book to press this September (2012) so please contact me if you can help.
Thnx,
Clive

April 30th, 2012, 7:13 am #9

Have you tried the Canadian Military Police website?