C-type receiver earcups

C-type receiver earcups

November 1st, 2009, 5:47 pm #1

Now that I have a helmet, I am interested in dredging up this topic again. :) Earlier someone said they have a friend who had early c-type earcups available, but the contact information was never posted in the thread. If this gentleman is still a viable source, I'd really appreciate finding out how to get in touch with him.
Alternatively, is anyone else making a correct reproduction?
If not, does anyone have an original that they would care to lend me for the purpose of making a mold? Compensation could be worked out.
Thank-you for your assistance,
Jeremy

November 1st, 2009, 7:39 pm #2

It was Maeceus I think. Try and find him on here, he has posted.

November 1st, 2009, 8:19 pm #3

Stephen Silburn has both early and late. I have seen them and they are exact to include the small groove on the later ones to accept the edge of the leather. Of course, his are made of a modern rubber compound so will not perish. They also have the little numbers and such molded in. Exact and the price is not unreasonable. He will install them as well. I am a big fan of Stephen's and he has a pile of stuff for me waiting for me to collect.

Cheers

November 2nd, 2009, 6:01 pm #4

More items Chris! How deep are your pockets?!

November 2nd, 2009, 11:31 pm #5

We still make cups early and late patterns. we are making to order at the moment as stock is a little hard to warrant
contact maecus@ntlworld.com
other items we make G type mask as new 1943/44 , escape and evasion box 3rd pattern , bsa para bike handgrips , escape blade (in rubber sleeve) B type helmet earcups hard(canadan)pattern and rudder pattern . Working on an order of c type earphones at this time .
We will look at any job some one want to talk / get quoted

regards neil & leigh MAECUS

November 3rd, 2009, 11:29 am #6

neil

I thought it was you who made them.

You mention the 'B type helmet earcups hard(canadan)pattern and rudder pattern', which I am unfamiliar with. Do you mean the rings that hold the earphone receiver in the earcup? And what is the 'rudder pattern'?

Cheers

November 3rd, 2009, 4:36 pm #7

Alex, I think he means rubber. In some b-types, the cups which hold the earphones are made of a stiif material like bakelite, but in others they have rubber cups which are a bit flexible

November 3rd, 2009, 5:10 pm #8

We still make cups early and late patterns. we are making to order at the moment as stock is a little hard to warrant
contact maecus@ntlworld.com
other items we make G type mask as new 1943/44 , escape and evasion box 3rd pattern , bsa para bike handgrips , escape blade (in rubber sleeve) B type helmet earcups hard(canadan)pattern and rudder pattern . Working on an order of c type earphones at this time .
We will look at any job some one want to talk / get quoted

regards neil & leigh MAECUS
Thank-you for posting your information Neil.
Jeremy

November 3rd, 2009, 8:40 pm #9

thank you ben for answering alex's question I couldn't have done better myself
sorry for spelling of rubber/rudder??

November 3rd, 2009, 8:50 pm #10

No problem Neil, do you know why there were two different patterns?