B Helmet Photos

B Helmet Photos

December 30th, 2008, 4:04 am #1

Ben & Jason,

You asked for a few photos of the 1939 dated Frank Bryan B Helmet and the E Carbon Mic. With the exception of the Oxy hose everything in the photos is authentic. The helmet was in much better condition than described. A little grubby but soft and supple with no rips, tears or chipping. Should clean up very well. The mic is complete, it's chamois covering soiled and worn around the high spots but still overall a nice used example. The MkIIIa goggles did not come with the lot but are shown for display purposes. I've also included a few other photos of some of the other items in my collection I thought you might like to see. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Paul O

Last edited by paultax2 on December 30th, 2008, 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 30th, 2008, 4:48 am #2

Paul,

Can you tell us more about your presige suit? I need to find something like that when I go summer flying. The leather flying suit is rather warm in the summer to go flying in.

thotherChris

December 30th, 2008, 4:49 am #3

I meant PRESTIGE suit. I can't type on this laptop.

theotherChris

December 30th, 2008, 10:55 am #4

Hi Paul, looks fantastic. You have got a great collection. I really like the way you have displayed your tunics. I thought I would add some photos of my old set up before I lost my room to my son. My collection has grown considerably since & is now in many cupboards around the house. My display shed is nearly finished (one day), cheers
Jason

December 30th, 2008, 4:02 pm #5

I meant PRESTIGE suit. I can't type on this laptop.

theotherChris
Hi Chris,

The prestige suit is an original and the badge on the left side is (in a Gothic style script)"CUAS", which I believe to be Cambridge University Air Squadron. However not entirely positive, thoughts would be appreciated. As far as where to obtain a repro I do know Sanjay from Replicators was making them. I personally have not purchased one from him but several fellas from 601 Squadron have. I've seen them and they looked very good to me. Maybe if there are any 601 mates on this forum they could comment.

Paul O

December 30th, 2008, 4:04 pm #6

Hi Paul, looks fantastic. You have got a great collection. I really like the way you have displayed your tunics. I thought I would add some photos of my old set up before I lost my room to my son. My collection has grown considerably since & is now in many cupboards around the house. My display shed is nearly finished (one day), cheers
Jason

Jason,

Thanks for the photos, an awesome collection!

Paul O

December 30th, 2008, 4:39 pm #7

Hi Chris,

The prestige suit is an original and the badge on the left side is (in a Gothic style script)"CUAS", which I believe to be Cambridge University Air Squadron. However not entirely positive, thoughts would be appreciated. As far as where to obtain a repro I do know Sanjay from Replicators was making them. I personally have not purchased one from him but several fellas from 601 Squadron have. I've seen them and they looked very good to me. Maybe if there are any 601 mates on this forum they could comment.

Paul O
Paul

'CUAS' is indeed the Cambridge University Air Squadron.

December 30th, 2008, 4:55 pm #8

Hi Paul,
Nice suit! I have a white prestige suit that has a ULAS (University London Air Squadron) embroidered badge to the left pocket. Mine is original too. I had suspected it might be a fake until I spoke to Mick Prodger about it and he told me that it was correct and he had once owned my very suit!
I will post some photos of it later today. I'd like to see what differences there may be between yours and mine.
I know the zips on mine are lightning and not A.M. stamped.
These suits are very rare eh.
Where did you find yours?
Cheers
Neil

December 30th, 2008, 6:05 pm #9

Paul, lovely pictures  thanks for sharing. In my opinion you payed a fair price in the end as the b-type looks a lot better in your photos than it does on eBay. Lovely collection too, I'd love to own a prestige suit one day.

Jason, lovely collection too. Is that a type 19 mic in your pictures, or is it just the camera flash on a type 21?

Neil, is that same prestige suit you own in any of Micks books?

December 30th, 2008, 7:12 pm #10

Paul

'CUAS' is indeed the Cambridge University Air Squadron.
Hi Alex,

Thanks for confirming the CUAS. One more question regarding CUAS. Maybe you will know, because I have no reference source, but if you look at my Helmet photos (ones with prestige suit), you will see a scarf. This is a silk school scarf and I was told it is Cambridge University's school colors. Would you know if this is correct? Or a source to research school colors? The colors in the photo are pretty accurate and are not greatly distorted by the camera flash. Again, any help greatly appreciated.

Paul O