1973 460 PI

Alvin
Alvin

October 15th, 2002, 2:06 am #11

Mike, your description of the '73 PI is very accurate. However, the valve covers are unique. They are stamped steel and painted blue from the factory but have the drip fingers, similar to the ones used on the CJ, welded to the inside of them. All of the rest of your details are totally correct. I own several of these motors.
Alvin

Mike R.
Mike R.

October 15th, 2002, 12:31 pm #12

That's funny you mention that Alvin. I remember that some of our metal VC's had drip rails, but I didn't realize that was unusual. Then I had noticed some of the metal VC's I've seen lately didn't have drip rails. I just never put 2 and 2 together.

October 15th, 2002, 6:34 pm #13

I was dissapointed that my ford racing covers did not have them. Ford racing must have felt they were not needed,but, I bought the chrome plated aluminium talls and paid $200 dollars for them and figured every trick in the book would be incorporated into them but I guess not. Still love the covers though. It is interesting to know that ford did use this technology sometimes. Wish I owned a 73 squad car, everything is tricked out on one of those!