under 17 final evaluation camp

under 17 final evaluation camp

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 27th, 2007, 5:32 pm #1

just received the final package.

Any insight on how the player are chosen? Who makes the decision? any chance of making it if you haven't been drafted or drafted very late?
any chance of making it if you chose to play Jr A? any chance of making it if you don't make the team at your OHL camp?
who is in charge of the Under 17: OHF or OHL?
if you're chosen can you be cut later on?

Any answers?

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 27th, 2007, 11:11 pm #2

Call the contact in the package.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 27th, 2007, 11:55 pm #3

i would like to know if the players room with any other player? and why bed time is so late, i need my fukkin rest you kno

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 28th, 2007, 12:43 am #4

Yes you'll room with another player on your team.

They will release a 40 man "watch" list about a week after this camp.

These players are supposed to be the ones the coaching staff is watching for the team.

Then they will totally disregard this list and pick players regardless of whether they made the list or not.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 28th, 2007, 12:52 am #5

The Director of U17 is an OHL guy so don't count on them taking any Tier 2, undrafted or NCAA committments along for the ride.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 28th, 2007, 1:38 am #6

why would they take a lesser skilled player over one who is NCAA bound? Isn't it about winning? take the best player regardless of where they are going next year...make sense to me!

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 28th, 2007, 3:21 am #7

Noone that is going NCAA that is that far ahead of anyone else.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 28th, 2007, 4:17 am #8

hmmm

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 28th, 2007, 12:07 pm #9

If you are going to the camp, work hard and have fun. Don't worry about the politics of the selection process. You have no control over that.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 28th, 2007, 4:44 pm #10

seems like a waste of time and money for the people involved if the u17 already knows that they will not take certain players regardless of their skills...just tell them now and let someone else who is going to the O try out!