Las Vegas Hockey Showcase

Las Vegas Hockey Showcase

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 29th, 2007, 9:05 pm #1

I just got invited by this showcase from the ushl coaches.

The three ushl coaches run it

Does anyone have any info on this one???

Any input?

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 29th, 2007, 11:26 pm #2

If it sounds too good to be true, beware!!!

honestanswer
honestanswer

May 30th, 2007, 12:21 am #3

I just got invited by this showcase from the ushl coaches.

The three ushl coaches run it

Does anyone have any info on this one???

Any input?
The camp is legit and is the last best chance for 91s to get drafted in October. Their futures draft is in October and will be the last best chance for 91's until the entry draft in May of 2008. Next May, they'll be taking mostly 91s and only a handful of the top 92s. Depending on how strong you are among your own age group and whether you think you could blend in with 89s and 90s, then you could at least consider it.

If you're going to the National Select 16 Camp, then it's not as important because the same people will see you there among your own age group. In Las Vegas, you'll be thrown in with a bunch of other kids from 92 and 91 (and maybe some 90s too). If you're playing on a high-ranked AAA team, they'll also get to see you a lot in the coming season.

If you're not going to the National Camp and you're not playing on a AAA level team this season, then you should probably try to go to this camp. I would have different advise for a younger (92) player, but this is the big year for 91's, so if they're not already contacting you and you don't already have plans to be at a main event tournament or camp, then you should probably try to go to the Vegas one if you think you can impress them.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 30th, 2007, 1:57 am #4

I smell MONEY MAKER.
This same tournament is also opened to other age groups. I know of some spring teams (10yr.olds) that are attending this tourney.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 30th, 2007, 6:19 pm #5

Is there a website for this camp?

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 30th, 2007, 7:06 pm #6

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 30th, 2007, 9:24 pm #7

The camp is legit and is the last best chance for 91s to get drafted in October. Their futures draft is in October and will be the last best chance for 91's until the entry draft in May of 2008. Next May, they'll be taking mostly 91s and only a handful of the top 92s. Depending on how strong you are among your own age group and whether you think you could blend in with 89s and 90s, then you could at least consider it.

If you're going to the National Select 16 Camp, then it's not as important because the same people will see you there among your own age group. In Las Vegas, you'll be thrown in with a bunch of other kids from 92 and 91 (and maybe some 90s too). If you're playing on a high-ranked AAA team, they'll also get to see you a lot in the coming season.

If you're not going to the National Camp and you're not playing on a AAA level team this season, then you should probably try to go to this camp. I would have different advise for a younger (92) player, but this is the big year for 91's, so if they're not already contacting you and you don't already have plans to be at a main event tournament or camp, then you should probably try to go to the Vegas one if you think you can impress them.

Hope that helps.
If you tie it into a four night stay in Vegas via a regular vacation package from Last minute club or another travel agent if the hockey doesn't work out then it doesn't really matter as you can never go wrong with a Vegas vacation. Might be a fun event, especially for the Dads.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 31st, 2007, 12:33 pm #8

move to canada..better chance..