1954 Dodge / Fargo "roddin"

1954 Dodge / Fargo "roddin"

March 6th, 2007, 12:47 am #1

Hi there i am looking anto putting a new chassis or an old one that will fit in my '54. I am 32 and have had this truck since i was 14. Currently it is '70 chrysler purple, has rally rims from a charger and a V8. i have original suspension and brake systems which were totally redone 10 years ago and now i want to put an independent front end with disc brakes, power steering and different rear brakes and axle in it. i plan on removing the body and starting over to customize this truck properly this time! Does anyone have a tip or suggestion on what they have done to puting their trucks on a newer chassis? Does anything fit or come close?
Thanks,

ROY
ROY

March 11th, 2007, 12:06 am #2

I PUT MY 58 ON A SHORTENED 87 DAKOTA CHASSIS. OTHER THAN BUILDING NEW BODY MOUNTS, IT WORKS PRETTY GOOD. RACK & PINION,DISC BRAKES, EASY TO FIND PARTS, SITS THE BODY DOWN JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT. I HAVE SOME PICS IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO E-MAIL THEM TO YOU. A BUDDY ALSO HAS A 55 ON A 93 CHASSIS. MAGNUM ENGINE,OVERDRIVE AUTO. WOULD WORK JUST AS GOOD WITH A 5-SPEED OR A V-6 OR EVEN A 4-CYL. ANOTHER BUDDY IS IN THE PROCESS OF MOUNTING A 58 PANEL ON A DURANGO CHASSIS. I THINK HE IS PLANNING TO USE A CUMMINS DIESEL 5-SPEED. ROY